Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Songs of Silence (Heroes of Might & Magic like game) - coming to Early Access on May 23rd

Blake00

Learned
Yeah can't argue with most of that as I'm not a big fan of auto battlers or card games either for that matter.. however I like the art style and the rest of it still seems pretty HoMM like so it's caught my interest.
I just looked at my original top post here and was thinking "Wait a sec I didn't post the trailer, kickstarter link, or put an early access date in the title etc" so I guess the moderators decided to quietly fix it up a bit lol..

Johannes

Arcane
It's not like Dominions. You position your troops on a grid and that's it for pre-battle preparation. Then during it, you can issue cards to influence the battle. So you don't have proper control, but still need to actively play out each battle yourself. And the battles take place during the turn of the one who initiated the battle, so no Dominions-style simultaneous turns either. Fighting any battle (even vs a random critter) ends movement for that turn too, so idk why they didn't go the extra step to make the system properly suitable for multiplayer.

They put a lot of emphasis voice acting n shit in their promo material, and having tried the first part of the campaign demo, it's not very good.

Feels like a game made by women

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's not like Dominions. You position your troops on a grid and that's it for pre-battle preparation. Then during it, you can issue cards to influence the battle. So you don't have proper control, but still need to actively play out each battle yourself. And the battles take place during the turn of the one who initiated the battle, so no Dominions-style simultaneous turns either. Fighting any battle (even vs a random critter) ends movement for that turn too, so idk why they didn't go the extra step to make the system properly suitable for multiplayer.

They put a lot of emphasis voice acting n shit in their promo material, and having tried the first part of the campaign demo, it's not very good.

Feels like a game made by women
Feels like game made for phones. Which are also mostly made by women and for women.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom