Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Songs of Conquest - HOMM2-inspired turn-based strategy adventure game - now on Early Access - coming May 20th

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Are these also same bullshit with enemy heroes spawning with full stacks at certain turns?!
in 1st mission, kind of
once you capture your first town, enemy spawns and is scripted to run towards your town. Full stacks and whole deal. On hard, in order to win, you basically need to build quickly 3 lvl2 garrizons, hero comes and you have a chance of winning - provided you use mage instead of starter mighty hero lol.
Then scenario ends
very underwhelming

ArchAngel

Arcane
Are these also same bullshit with enemy heroes spawning with full stacks at certain turns?!
in 1st mission, kind of
once you capture your first town, enemy spawns and is scripted to run towards your town. Full stacks and whole deal. On hard, in order to win, you basically need to build quickly 3 lvl2 garrizons, hero comes and you have a chance of winning - provided you use mage instead of starter mighty hero lol.
Then scenario ends
very underwhelming
So same shit and then I tried playing skirmish vs AI and they were braindead and kept rushing my town and area with whatever shitty hero was available (and also they kept making way too many of them way too fast).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
what a let down. In 3rd mission you receive yet another hero from scratch. Again might one.
All 2 campaigns(and 3rd one looks like too) are ArchAngel favorite: follow this linear path and have single enemy hero spawn at the end.

I remember liking frogs campaign a lot, what the hell is this?

Btw they introduced tent and gate, except in homm you obtain key in tent and destroy the gate. Here you can toggle gate on/off repeatedly at the tent.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
whocares did you beat 3rd mission on hard? What was your strategy?
Normal for my first go around. I'm saving hard for when all the campaigns are out and EA is done.
yeah, 3rd mission on normal was a breeze since you net gain army during encounters. On hard however losses are too great since most groups have caster archers in favorable terrain. So you lose too much as it drags. I was able to haul my ass past enemy hero, but there is one more fight afterwards that I cant do anymore.

4th mission on hard is just retarded. Again - there appears to be a scripted event when you capture too many towns. When that happens 3 enemy heroes with full dragon stacks spawn and just stomp you over. As usual one is supposed to max his army and stay in castle walls once script fires...

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Update 0.85
Greetings Wielders!

Have you recovered from our Loth update? Are your arms tired from opening tombs and digging up graves? Too bad because we have another massive update for you! It’s time for something that many of you have been asking about New traits and abilities for troops and all the balancing that goes with it!

b472fc4e967c8cfda30c7ae505bd5fabf3cded68.gif

Loth takes door-to-door recruitment to another level in our new update!

Adding new abilities to a game like ours changes things, the role of that stocky bullfrog changes when that Rana Guardian can now bullrush across the battlefield after all!

But unit abilities aren’t the only thing on our Swedish smorgasbord! We have been working with siege combat and we are proud to introduce gates and defensive bonuses to help you really hold those precious walls protecting your valuable settlements.

But a few general sentences aren’t going to explain massive things like this so let’s get into some details.

b610a46b17f0d33e97fc1244d4a7c02057789213.gif

Look at that bullfrog bullrush, bullying the opposition
The frogs aren’t the only ones that have learned new tricks! Queen’s Quard now has the passive trait Essence fighter, making them hoard essence every time they attack. The scarred Brutes of Barya have mastered the new ability Front Line Fighter, giving them a sturdy buff for every hostile close to them.

Overall close to twenty of our troops have new or updated traits and abilities, far too many to list here, but further down there is a handy link to the patchnotes with everything you need to know about this new update.

a82d5f14da8e5a34f43c9bc198a86c8bc23e489b.gif

The Banes of Loth are now mobile, making them the perfect “run and gun” unit!

As we have changed and balanced many of our units, we’ve also gone over our long roster of buildings and changed quite a few costs, increasing some and decreasing others. This work is just like so many others, ongoing. As we introduce new aspects to our game we will always look back and perhaps tweak a thing or two.

bb2b0d2f68a09d29ebb039ff70dadfa07d81c7e0.gif

We’ve had our best math geniuses assigned to this project!

Balancing is far from “only” unit cost and new abilities, we’ve also done quite a bit of work with our troops overall, lowering and raising health, damage, and initiatives on over twenty-five of our hard-working troops!

Naming just a few of these changes are that the Necromancers obviously have been feeling their age as their health has been lowered to 50 from 60 but their damage has been increased, marking their obvious experience. Dragons have gotten a bit lower initiative and health but they have gained a powerful new ability called Menacing Roar, which lowers both movement and initiative of enemies that are brave or foolish enough to stand close to these powerful units.

2e866ddaa44715092caa058909798c652d75daeb.png
I wouldn’t want to face a dragon armed with nothing but a good singing voice and dagger.

We can think of a few days better to rediscover Songs of Conquest. With a new campaign and all these changes to our units, things are radically different since just a couple of months ago. So try out those new abilities, siege those walls, and challenge your friends to deadly conquest.

We have one more sprint before our summer holidays and as always we look forward to the road ahead! There is a lot of interesting news coming after our sun-gazing and flower-picking break.

Keep up the adventure Wielders!

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I just saw their current roadmap and they are now planning the release of version 1.0 in the first quarter of 2024. Jesus Christ, this is taking forever. At this point, I doubt we will see the end of early access in the next three years. Oh and a big "fuck you" to all the shitty developers who normalized games having roadmaps at all and inventing "roadmap reveals".

grimace

Arcane
I just saw their current roadmap and they are now planning the release of version 1.0 in the first quarter of 2024. Jesus Christ, this is taking forever. At this point, I doubt we will see the end of early access in the next three years. Oh and a big "fuck you" to all the shitty developers who normalized games having roadmaps at all and inventing "roadmap reveals".

First revealed at the PC Gaming Show 2019 and now a possible 1.0 release in early 2024*

songsofconquest-road03eu3.jpeg

*THIS IS A LIVING DOCUMENT. THE ROADMAP CAN AND WILL CHANGE OVER TIME

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's what happens when two people and their budgie decide to make a spiritual successor of their favourite game in their garage.

Before long they realize their fabulous 2 year plan is gonna take 4 or 5 or possibly 7 years.

I'd say be glad this thing is happening at all. Could've ended like 98% of these projects.

Dr1f7

Scholar
at least it's playable now i guess, doesn't look half bad either

JBro

Arbiter
They should make a first person party based dungeon crawler RPG spinoff. Can just call it Conquest.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
AI gets a significant update in the latest patch.
How was the AI before the patch? I assume pretty bad given that they have explicitly listed AI improvements on their roadmap.
ai was probably the reason why campaigns are so boring with enemies spawning at certain gateways and set to rush at you.
Interestingly, rising movement speed might make some campaigns pretty hard to complete...

Anomander

Educated
I played some skirmish maps with AI and it's ok. I played on normal and it is not bad, not great. I would say it is standard. I creates one hero with full units (and some others, maybe for picking loot, I don't know but they are running around). It attacks me when it looks like it could win. When it doesn't have any chances it runs away. It can hide in the castle. In combat it is also ok (of course person can think better, but it is not bad).
It was before today patch.
I don't know what is the difference between AI difficulties, but on normal it plays OK. It is not dead stupid, and it can create some challenges.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
This just went on a 66% sale on Steam. Is it worth playing yet or should I wait until release?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Isn't this still in early access? Not a good sign if EA game has 66% off sale..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom