Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Something to ease the pain of the DmC announcement

KalosKagathos

Learned
Ninja Gaiden 3: http://kotaku.com/5638775/team-ninja-re ... en-3-ni+oh

Absolutely nothing is known, aside from the fact that the development team is led by Hayashi (the Sigma guy), obviously. It'll be interesting to see what kind of game he's going to design from ground up.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Knowing what that guy did with Sigma I'm pretty sure of one thing... it will he hard as fuck.

Divinity: Original Sin
I'm playing the first ninja gaiden sigma on PS3. The story has no fucking sense whatsoever, but it's probably the most difficult game in its genre that came in the last ten years.

I reminds me of old Nes, Megadrive or Snes games.

No checkpoints, and save games that save only your stats and location. And enemies that kill you even when you master the controls.

Though the bossfights are easier (I mean, less difficult) than the normal enemies.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Darth Slaughter said:
And enemies that kill you even when you master the controls.
No. Trivia time: on my first playthrough of Sigma's normal difficulty I probably died around 100 times. On my second playthrough of Sigma's normal difficulty I died maybe 20 times. You really do get noticeably better at the game the more you play.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Attending a behind-closed door reveal earlier today, the image of Ryo Hayabusa holds secrets of the game to come. Ryu is pulling off his mask to represent a more human side to the series' protagonist and the idea that players will discover more about him.

Ryu also has blood on his face, representing a more violent and bloody experience to Ninja Gaiden 2. You can also see a reflection of a person in Ryu's eye, perhaps suggesting an inner darkness which he is trying to contain - the likelihood is this darkness will manifest itself with new abilities.

Ninja Gaiden: Other N

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
WhiskeyWolf said:
Knowing what that guy did with Sigma I'm pretty sure of one thing... it will he hard as fuck.
Oh dear...what have you done? I bet the purists have a thing or two to say about that.

Cue Edward Murrow :M

KalosKagathos said:
Darth Slaughter said:
And enemies that kill you even when you master the controls.
No. Trivia time: on my first playthrough of Sigma's normal difficulty I probably died around 100 times. On my second playthrough of Sigma's normal difficulty I died maybe 20 times. You really do get noticeably better at the game the more you play.
Lol, you played Normal again instead of going straight to Hard?

pussssyyyy

KalosKagathos said:

You still died. even when you mastered the controls... which is what I said.

Dicksmoker said:

pussssyyyy

have you played the game? After playing the normal, going through hard or insane difficulties requires insanity. Instead of fun you may get frustrated.

Though I admit the difficulty of Ninja gaiden sigma is more due to the fact that you have to beat a lot of enemies, go to another section and face another batch of other enemies that require a diferent strategy, then the respawning of a 100 ninjas and then a boss. If you die, you go back to the last save, and if you saved after killing the enemies defending the save point, you load and those enemies will respawn.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Darth Slaughter said:
have you played the game? After playing the normal, going through hard or insane difficulties requires insanity. Instead of fun you may get frustrated.
I'm currently on my Master Ninja playthrough.

Who's the bitch now?

Dicksmoker said:
Darth Slaughter said:
I'm currently on my Master Ninja playthrough.

Who's the bitch now?

Not me...

In fact i'm in my first playthrough in normal. I'm just judging harder dificulties using the normal as a reference.

There's the ything that the parts with respawnig enemies are totally optional though.

Series peaked with Black, don't see that changing anytime soon. Ninja Gaiden needs redemption after the disappointment of the second game, and judging by the Sigma titles, that ain't gonna happen. Still, it'll probably still end up being better than it's competitors.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Dicksmoker said:

pussssyyyy
Second normal playthrough happened 6 months and 1 HDD cleaning session after the first one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom