Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Some thoughts on the Fallout games

Ortchel

Liturgist
What an analogy.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
The 3 best parts from fallout 2 were

a) The enclave (Minus Mr F H that sucked and the puzzle that sucked also)

b) The slavers especially the part that recruited you.

c) The new reno thing but not the families just the whole Myron and Jet thing.

It really made you think about right and wrong,

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
That's right, we killed Interplay. I hope you're happy

:(

And to think that if we could only suck more dick things would've been much better . . .

Are we having another discussion on why FO2 was such a bad sequel?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Voss said:
So, why is some random fuckwits opinions a worthy codex news entry?
We post so many opinions of other random fuckwits, so we might as well throw this one in. Just check a few random ToEE and KotOR reviews to see what I'm talking about.

Shevek said:
Why is he news worthy? Why grant a wider forum to his opinions?
His stupidity is amusing, but yes, I admit, there was another reason. It may come as a shock to some of you, but the rumors are true, there are those among us who believe that Fallout 2 was a superior game and New Reno was one of the best areas. By cleverly posting this provocative article, and creating a false sense of security, I forced the infidels out of their closets. So, now all we have to do is ... FLAME THE STUPID SONS OF BITCHES!!!! :lol:

I hope we start getting some info from some actual CRPGs
We already do. :wink:

Edit: Also, I posted this stuff and the KotOR 2 scans at the same time. Half a day later the Fallout stuff has 29 posts and 460 views, KotOR 2 got 19 and 355 respectfully. So, apparently people are more interested in this then in the first actual info on a new SW RPG. Supply and demand in action.

Anonymous

He's the owner of Deso-MUD/Desolation, a Wasteland-based MUD.

Anonymous

People were asking why he's so special, I guess that's why he's special? I played the MUD a bit. It sucks.

Malraz Alizar

Novice
At least Final Fantasy Tactics was turn based.

Bitterman said:
Fallout: Tactics was exactly what it was. It's what Fallout would be, if you made it into a tactical shooter. It wasn't an RPG. For what it was, it was a very good game.

Bitterman said:
Only played the demo of Tactics, enjoyed it but never bought it.

TELL ME MORE, FAG.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Come on, everyone knows that a good reviewer never plays a game he is reviewing. That's a noob's mistake. Actually playing a game creates a personal attachment that may influence an otherwise unbiased and objective opinion.

Malraz Alizar

Novice
You may shift them but do it gently and with tender passion.

By propagating the myth that games can be reviewed objectively like a common sump pump you are only preventing them from taking their rightful place as the first truly original artform of the new millennium. STOP MARGINALIZING MY PARADIGMS.

Rosh

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 would both be like Supar Mega-Cars, but Fallout 1 is all nice and shiney and Fallout 2 is kinda muddy and someone threw rocks at it for awhile. But still, both are better cars than that shit that hangs out in the Infinity Engine Trailer Park.

The BG expansion never made.

Baldur's Gate III: Shadows of Sun Valley

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Bitterman said:
Only played the demo of Tactics, enjoyed it but never bought it

Bitterman said:
I just created a melee char on fallout tactics, i'm on the 4th mission and he allready has 120 kills. HIS kills, nobody helped.

Isn't there a little problem?

Vault Dweller

Developer
I believe the proud owner of the uber cool melee character is Cap'n Carnage, not Bitterman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom