Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So what will be the plot twist in DA2?

Nael

Arcane
Romanceable Flemeth is sad and lonely.

circ

Arcane
Did DAO have one? Or did it have several and they were just more retarded than usual so I don't remember if it did or not. Let me total recall.

Howe/Your dwarfbro betrays you. Plot twist!

Your possible magebuddy is really a bloodmage. Plot twist!

Gray Wardens can die during the ceremony. Plot twist!

Loghain turns on the king because the kings mom was a whore or something. Plot twist!

The mage who poisoned the king etc is your possible old magebuddy. Plot twist!

Zevran ambushes you. Plot twist!
But then he wants to join you. Double plot twist!

Flemeth isn't actually Morrigan's mom but some parasite who sucks the life out of young witchgirlies like Morrigan so she can live forever. Plot twist!
Who is also a dragon. DOUBLE WHAMMY FUCKING PLOT TWIST!

Loghain isn't so evil after all. He wants to join you too. Plot twist!
Unless you kill him. Double plot twist! Sucker!

Only a gray warden can kill the archdemon. Plot twist!
But he dies in the process. Plot twist!

It's time to kill the archdemon. Only Morrigan offers a way out. Plot twist!
But then Alistair offers to sac himself. Double plot twist!

HOLY FUCK! It's like watching 10 M. Night Shayahalkahahmamama movies back to back.

DaveO

Erudite
About 25% of the way thru the game, Hawke runs into somebody with the following revelation.

Hawke, I'm your father.

Nex

Cipher
Haba said:
You finally romance your companion enough to get him/her/it into fuckmood, only to discover that Hawke has no penis.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine the butthurt

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"At the end of the final battle a message box will appear on the screen with a picture of David Gaider naked and the words "kisses to all codexers that made this far, we knew you love us""

This would be gold. I'd buy the game 5 times just for that.

attackfighter

Magister
a major character is revealed to be Morrigans child from the first game. you know this one is going to be true...

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
attackfighter said:
a major character is revealed to be Morrigans child from the first game. you know this one is going to be true...

If it turns out it's Hawke... worst. plotwist. ever.

OuterSpace

Scholar
Hawke escapes the Darkspawn only to find a partially submerged Statue of Liberty,
revealing that it was Earth all along.(cue original power rangers theme song)

Topher

Cipher
DaveO said:
About 25% of the way thru the game, Hawke runs into somebody with the following revelation.

Hawke, I'm your father.

This but with some extra twist revealing that Hawke has some relation to darkspawn (like a natural born Grey Warden).

Drakron

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Bioware gave up on the silly obligatory plot twist since ME1. In that game the "twist" came about an hour into the game... no wait not even, 10 minutes in you already knew Saren was the bad guy.

Saren being the bad guy was not the twist, it was Sovereign and that happens in Virmire.

Granted its not much of a twist since we knew of the Reapers and there were a lot of hints.

And yes, ME2 does not really have one but it does not need it, the problem with plot twists is as they only work once, if keep doing them they became predictable.

Tycn said:
The Reapers are people! (?)

That is not it, the Collectors were kidnapping human colonists and the Human-Reaper was just the answer to why they were doing that.

I suppose the Collectors being the Protheans would be it but it simply not much of a twist as we knew the Protheans were subject to indoctrination, its just give more answers to questions, also answers are logical.

attackfighter

Magister
Sergiu64 said:
The plot twist will be that Hawke is as annoying as Alistair.

The second plot twist will be that all the male party members are gay and romancable just like in the first one. It's a twist because they'll be more subtle with their flirting.

Blackula

Educated
Drakron said:
And yes, ME2 does not really have one but it does not need it, the problem with plot twists is as they only work once, if keep doing them they became predictable.
Everything bioware has ever made is predictable shit. Cheesy 80s LOTR knock offs have better stories than their western jrpgs.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
circ said:
Did DAO have one? Or did it have several and they were just more retarded than usual so I don't remember if it did or not. Let me total recall.

Howe/Your dwarfbro betrays you. Plot twist!

Your possible magebuddy is really a bloodmage. Plot twist!

Gray Wardens can die during the ceremony. Plot twist!

Loghain turns on the king because the kings mom was a whore or something. Plot twist!

The mage who poisoned the king etc is your possible old magebuddy. Plot twist!

Zevran ambushes you. Plot twist!
But then he wants to join you. Double plot twist!

Flemeth isn't actually Morrigan's mom but some parasite who sucks the life out of young witchgirlies like Morrigan so she can live forever. Plot twist!
Who is also a dragon. DOUBLE WHAMMY FUCKING PLOT TWIST!

Loghain isn't so evil after all. He wants to join you too. Plot twist!
Unless you kill him. Double plot twist! Sucker!

Only a gray warden can kill the archdemon. Plot twist!
But he dies in the process. Plot twist!

It's time to kill the archdemon. Only Morrigan offers a way out. Plot twist!
But then Alistair offers to sac himself. Double plot twist!

HOLY FUCK! It's like watching 10 M. Night Shayahalkahahmamama movies back to back.

:lol:

Jesus christ. To me Dragon age's story was basically "kill many monsters, fightan the dragon". I didn't even begin to think about all these shitty npc interactions. This is when Volo barges in and calls me a retard for lying and thinking that darkspawn are orcs.

Blackula

Educated
Hawke will have gay secks with a companion and then at the end of the game it'll turn out the dude was hawke's long lost brother.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hawke is Ash.

da1c.jpg

da2f.jpg

da3g.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If DA2 was secretly an Evil Dead game with voice acting by Bruce Campbell I might actually try it.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't give a shit about plot twists in action games.

kris

Arcane
Volourn said:
"At the end of the final battle a message box will appear on the screen with a picture of David Gaider naked and the words "kisses to all codexers that made this far, we knew you love us""

This would be gold. I'd buy the game 5 times just for that.

Then the joke truly would be on you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom