Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So...Majesty or Majesty 2?

Just wondering what the residents think of these two games? Are they worthy of a purchase?

From reading about them, they seem somewhat similar to the Dungeon Keeper style of gaming. Of course, I wouldn't dream of making a purchase without the help of a Prestigious Magazine like the Codex.

Black

Arcane
Majesty 2 was ok but there were some things that make Majesty 1 superior, like random maps.
Devs promised map creator or something in the future so you can wait until then but as it is, Majesty + expansion is better and you should at least try it.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The first one was good for a budget price game, inferior to DK. Somehow the game reminds me of Tropico (a superior game IMHO, but it doesn't have elves and wizards).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Majesty 1 was better but Majesty 2 was nice too. Short though and a bit more too cut. Still very much enjoyable.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Majesty 1 is an epic game. Majesty 2 is kinda ok, but there is no need to play it if you haven't tried the first one.

yaster

Liturgist
Majesty 2 copied a lot from it's predecessor. Even some mission premises and main objectives are exactly the same. It also allowed for more direct control over subordinates with in my opinion is rather questionable (lack of it was Majesty strength), addition of new reward flags and forming by you hero-parties was meh and greatly increased repetition. 1st part seemed more organic, hadn't so easily definable road to victory, though It may be just my worthless rambling based on memory of youth and inexperience.

Either way, play Majesty 1. It's great.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Both are fun if flawed. I liked it as an experiment into different forms of rts. As a game they were a bit meh though and I constantly had the niggling feeling that they could've been so much more.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Hamster said:
Majesty 1 is an epic game. Majesty 2 is kinda ok, but there is no need to play it if you haven't tried the first one.
Neinnein, Majesty is a good game. Majesty 2... there is no need to play it if you have tried the first one.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
Mighty Mouse said:
The first one was good for a budget price game, inferior to DK. Somehow the game reminds me of Tropico (a superior game IMHO, but it doesn't have elves and wizards).
It was actually much better than many non-budget titles and it's imo closest to Dungeon Keeper than any other game (I mean overall quality, not only mechanics) and that's a fucking lot.

It's even pretty challenging on the first playthrough, which is an added bonus (DK was very easy apart from a few scenarios).

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Majesty 1 is addicting in a very strange way. I ended up playing it a lot even though I recognized a lot of flaws in the game.

Majesty 2.....meeeeh. I played some of it but honestly don't really remember anything. It just didn't make an impression.

1eyedking

Erudite
Majesty 1: cool little game, addicting and challenging. Reminded me of the old DOS era where the strangest games managed to have puzzles in them.

Majesty 2: boring piece of shit by developers who didn't grasp what made the first one fun.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
1eyedking said:
Majesty 1: cool little game, addicting and challenging. Reminded me of the old DOS era where the strangest games managed to have puzzles in them.

Majesty 2: boring piece of shit by developers who didn't grasp what made the first one fun.
This dude got it right so I'm quoting him.

Multi-headed Cow

Malakal said:
Majesty 1 was better but Majesty 2 was nice too. Short though and a bit more too cut. Still very much enjoyable.
This dude got it right so I'm quoting him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom