Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sniper Simulation - Sniper Sim

Red Russian

Scholar
Just got hold of this one like a minute ago so I haven't tried it yet. It looks and sounds interesting though:

Introduction
Sniper Central would like to introduce 'Sniper Sim'. Sniper Sim is a piece of software written by myself to attempt to accurately recreate scenarios for snipers. Some may call it a game, and in fact, I do also. But it is more than that... and less than that also. Games tend to be geared more toward entertainment and a wide audience, where as this software is much more focused on realism and a very niche market. Because it is more realistic and slow paced, many will not consider it as fun or entertaining, but there is no doubt that it is possible to learn some things from it. Like how to compensate for wind, use mil-dots, etc.

Features Here is a list of some of the features currently in Sniper Sim
Accurate Mil-dot reticule
Wind
Bullet Trace
Accurate Ballistics (7.62x51mm NATO M118LR ammo)
Breathing & Holding Breath
Very basic enemy AI
Run, walk, crawl
M24 SWS with Leupold M3A accurately modeled
BDC
Full scope adjustment for windage & elevation
Ability to cant rifle left & right when prone
Basic Multiplayer
etc, etc

It's a beta so you might wanna keep that in mind when trying it out. I'm downloading it now but will only be able to try it once I'm home again.

Linky

entertainer

Arbiter
scr2.jpg

doubt i can run this

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom