Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Snails in Elder Scrolls: Arena (Part 2)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't remember the create your own dungeon glitch. That was fun.

Anyway the sidequests are pretty boring. I think there's only a handful of templates, and you've probably seen all the ones you get at your level. The artifact hunts might be a little more interesting and/or useful, but I don't suggest doing any other sidequests. Unless you really get bored with the MQ.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yo dawg I heard you like randomly generated environments so I put a randomly generated environment in your randomly generated environment so you can randomly generate an environment while you randomly generate an environment.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Re: Part 2: I Do Sum Shit Fer Money

Elzair said:
arena0105.png

snails.jpg
I's doing dat as well.
:o

Elzair

Cipher
I will try to do another update soon. I did not know this damn game would be so damn long and so damn grueling.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Yes you did, you just refused to listen to the people who were telling you that :smug:

What are you having problems with exactly?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Elzair said:
What are you having problems with exactly?

The dungeons are really, really long, and many enemies are very hard.

1. Enemies spawn randomly. Save often and reload if you don't want to fight. You can save scum your way through an entire dungeon.

2. Find a dungeon with a safe resting place and grind until you hit a higher level.

3. Pick up artifact quests from the imperial city. You can only search for an artifact if you don't have one so use their abilities once, have them repaired and leave them there until you collect all the ones you need. I recommend going after the oghma infinium first. not sure if you can get more than one TBH, but it's worth a try. Artifacts require a total of 8 dungeon floors, so it looks like a lot of work. The good thing however is that the entrance from one floor and the stairs to the next are always found in the same position on the map, even though the dungeons themselves are random. So you can quickly passwall your way through them.

4. once you're loaded up on all the bling you can carry make an overpowered shield spell and stomp the living shit out of the rest of the game.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Mastermind said:
Enemies spawn randomly.
They don't, not in the MQ dungeons at least. They're spawned once you enter a dungeon level and will reset as soon as you leave the level (not the dungeon). Trying not to go back and forth between levels is obviously a good idea, but it can't be avoided in some places (like Labyrinthian). And most of the time you'll of course have to retrace your steps through previous levels to get back to the exit. If you don't have it, get Passwall ASAP to make this easier and faster.

Find a dungeon with a safe resting place and grind until you hit a higher level.
Don't bother. Enemies are level scaled, and you'll hit the cap (20 IIRC) before the end just by doing the MQ. Since there's no guarantee what you fight in the random dungeons will be any easier than in the MQ, just do the MQ and level there. Except for artifact quests, which may be worth it.

Pick up artifact quests from the imperial city. You can only search for an artifact if you don't have one so use their abilities once, have them repaired and leave them there until you collect all the ones you need. I recommend going after the oghma infinium first. not sure if you can get more than one TBH, but it's worth a try.
This is all good advice, and yes you can get more than one using this glitch (though I'm not sure if they eventually fixed it in the last patch; you could still do it after patch 4). I recommend checking what the artifacts do on UESP or some such before deciding which ones are worth going after. Once you hear a rumor about an artifact, be sure to pay for it to fix the artifact.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Passwall and Levitation are your best friends. Save your time and don't try to clean the entire level, there is always a fair chance something nasty appears and puts your nigga down. There is a cheesy way to get nice things without exploration: just save before you pry a pile of treasure because loot is generated randomly on every reload. Don't forget to use shield/resist/reflect spells if you don't want to twitch save/load every 10 seconds.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Enemies spawn randomly.
They don't, not in the MQ dungeons at least.
Sorry to respond to an ages old post, but yes they do.

Here is what happens in Stonekeep - a main quest dungeon. You turn the Light spell on. You turn Invisibility on. You wait a minute or two in the same place. BAM! Goblin spontaneously appears out of thin air.

I have checked it. Enemies do produce themselves out of thin air even if you do not move.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom