Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyway is going to go all giddy about this one.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
iron.jpg

Our forward scout in the realms of war, Sgt. Stone, has pointed out to me that Deep Silver and X1 Software have announced their new game, Iron Front. What is interesting about this is that it is an all-encompassing soldier sim set on the Eastern Front in World War II, using the Arma II engine.

Commence the gobbling.

baronjohn

Cipher
Great, another boring, banal landscape simulator with no gameplay. Just what PC gaming needs.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I made a thread about this nearly two weeks ago. Sorry Trash.

It is a mod called Liberation 1941-45 that went commercial. I'm interested in it if it will be more than just a mod for AA2 because the community has several WW2 mods in the making already and I don't like WW2.

Dmitron

Arbiter
I hate to say it (because I'm utterly bored of WWII myself) but this will be better than anything BIS put out in the foreseeable future. Unless white people like Codemasters (ye olde codemasters mind you) are able to once again inject some passion and oversight to the laughably robotic imagination-less nature of BIS's "gameplay". Sure BIS still provide the albeit utterly shit tech that enable us to have "deep" gameplay. But let's face it. If they had the budget to develop COD, they would. Except they'd rather keep everything under Potato control rather than collude with the great nations of the West to produce something unique that we actually want to play without 15gigs worth of mods.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Codemasters kinda did OFP DR and OFP RR.

I replayed Resistance a few days ago and the gameplay in it was really crappy compared to AA2. The campaign itself was OK.

But damn the whole gameplay of unmodded OFP breaks as soon as you get your hands on the sniper rifle. You then leave your stupid squad behind and go kill everyone all by yourself because the default AI can't hear and see anything beyond 250m. They don't even know how to take cover or provide suppression fire.

You can even walk and shoot successfully in vanilla OFP because there's no reasonable recoil and optics are not tied to the gun you are holding.

Even vanilla ArmA2 is eons better than that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom