Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Map Three/Four Times That Of Fallout 3.

racofer

Thread Incliner
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1019177/skyrim_map_threefour_times_that_of_fallout_3_bethesda.html

• Bethesda's Pete Morgan has confirmed to NowGamer at Gamescom that the playable environment in Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is around the same size as Oblivion.

"The map is the same size as Oblivion but more dense," Morgan told us, hinting at more areas, quests and NPCs for the upcoming open-world RPG. That still represents a map "three to four times larger than Fallout 3," according to Morgan.

Morgan didn't confirm how many gameplay hours players should expect but 300 or more have been hinted at by Bethesda in the past.

Moar awesome per square mile. :M

MetalCraze

Arcane
I can safely bet that after 11.11.11 GRPGD will be filled with threads about a sequel to the most hated Oblivion.

Gord

Arcane
More dense? Because if anything Oblivions stupid Disneyland approach to provinces needed an even higher density of caves and settlements.

I predict caves every 20 meters, ruined castles every 40 and major settlements every 100, with a total population of the whole province somewhere in the range of 200 townspeople and 1000 bandits.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"The map is the same size as Oblivion but more dense," Morgan told us, hinting at more areas, quests and NPCs for the upcoming open-world RPG.

"You have to cross the empty icelands, a large area of frost and danger, to reach the ruin you seek!"
*10 steps later you find something AWESOME in the large and empty icelands, which are neither large nor empty*

Black

Arcane
Good, now bethesda dorks will have more shit to defend. :thumbsup:

Gord

Arcane
Btw. I actually considered FO3's map a big improvement over Oblivion's, because it was believable in terms of size.

Sure, compared to the real-world it was still too small, but in the game it's size worked. Contrary to Oblivion.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
confirmed: dragons will be the new cliff racers/cazadores

You'll run up a mountain, do a triple back flip with a half gainer and fire ten arrows into ten dragons, then throw five lightning bolts at each before landing on your horse pegasus (it comes with armor this time!!!) and fly straight up into the sky, using the sun to blind the last dragon, then you leap off pegasus and glide down the dragons back with your glass sword (looted from a hermit in the first dungeon, which you skipped) and its bones and guts explode everywhere.

:patriot:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Mighty Mouse said:
Oblivion is bigger than FO3?

that's because fallout 3 has a more detailed world

skyrim will be a result of their experience from making both games

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
sgc_meltdown said:
skyrim will be a result of their experience from making both games

Will Skyrim feature Dragonborn Reaction Assisted Targeting System?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Menckenstein said:
Will Skyrim feature Dragonborn Reaction Assisted Targeting System?

Dragonborn Enemy Reaction Program

MetalCraze said:
Fallout 3 has a more detailed world? Wasn't it just a desert?

Does oblivion have radiation? Imagine how amazing Fallout 3 would be with the ARMA combat system
or more correctly, how amazing ARMA would be if it was set in Fallout 3
:thumbsup:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Dearest 'Warlock',

Thank you for your suggestion. We are pleased to inform you that we have never lied in all our years of developing quality roleplaying games for adults. Right from the beginning, our press releases and interview answers have only been of enhanced truth and improved facts.

Sincerely,

Bethesda Softworks

Warlock

Novice
sgc_meltdown said:
Dearest 'Warlock',

Thank you for your suggestion. We are pleased to inform you that we have never lied in all our years of developing quality roleplaying games for adults. Right from the beginning, our press releases and interview answers have only been of enhanced truth and improved facts.

Sincerely,

Bethesda Softworks

:lol: You should be their PR manager. Wait a minute.....................................................

Is that you Pete??? :retarded:

:smug:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
More dense? Because if anything Oblivions stupid Disneyland approach to provinces needed an even higher density of caves and settlements.

I predict caves every 20 meters, ruined castles every 40 and major settlements every 100, with a total population of the whole province somewhere in the range of 200 townspeople and 1000 bandits.

This. It is just the same 'lets put in something awesome every twenty yards' thing that I've loathed in pretty much every other first person rpg ever. Bah.

Dantus12

Educated
Wait a minute,
dense based on the dictionary,
or dense based on the urban dictionary? :M

My limited brian now thinks that the game is just like FONV.

Where will I rest and meditate on things I have learned, when everyone interrupts me with dumb quests, and the endless lore bombing from pointless NPC's, I just want to walk, and shout at Ciffracers.
------------

Gord said:

Well, considering there's no worldmap to represent these vast distances, the alternative is to walk though Shadow-of-the-colossus style empty terrain, which isn't fun at all (unless there's a element of survival).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom