Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Gameplay - Now including classic dumb AI

mr.doo

Educated
Not really.
Also, it's "butthurt" not "butthurted".

Marobug

Tel Velothi you are trying to hard. Skyrim is shit, we got it. Now gtfo

DraQ

Arcane
mr.doo said:
Not really.
Skyrimfag got butthurted, hence he is now butthurt. Simple, no?
:smug:

ever said:
I think this game has beautiful art direction and shows much promise. So far there is a positive correlation between my initial expectations of an Elder Scrolls game and my after the fact satisfaction with it.

I never thought Oblivion had good art direction or showed any promise whatsoever. I played it for a whole three hours before removing the disk from my friend's xbox.

negative expectations, negative satisfaction.

I thought Morrowind looked great and showed much promise. I was initially happy with the game but after some length of time with it I decided it was stupid.

positive expectations, average satisfaction

I thought Daggerfall looked stupid and sure enough it turned out to be quite stupid. I think this game may be the most overated crpg ever, and its not even rated that high by any great number of people, and I still think that.

negative expectations, very negative satisfaction

Never played Arena and was not old enough to be keeping up with gaming when it came out.

N/A, N/A

So judging by the ever expectation meter, this game will be better than morrowind but by how much nobody knows.
Retarded player, retarded expectations.

Who could've guessed?
:roll:

mr.doo

Educated
DraQ said:
mr.doo said:
DraQ said:
mr.doo said:
Not really.

Very simple actually
You do realize that "butthurt" isn't even a proper word, right?

Of course it is. "Butthurted" isn't. Seriously though, butthurt comes from the verb "hurt" which doesn't have a past tense and me being the grammar nazi I am it pains me everytime someone says "hurted".

DraQ

Arcane
mr.doo said:
DraQ said:
mr.doo said:
DraQ said:
mr.doo said:
Not really.

Very simple actually
You do realize that "butthurt" isn't even a proper word, right?

Of course it is. "Butthurted" isn't. Seriously though, butthurt comes from the verb "hurt" which doesn't have a past tense
I am perfectly aware of that. :smug:

it pains me everytime someone says "hurted".
This is also something I am perfectly aware of.
:troll:

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Gentlemen, I'm proposing to go back to complaining how shitty Oblivion Skyrim is. This never gets old.

Marobug said:
Skyrim is shit, we got it. Now gtfo

No. It's too entertaining. If you don't want to read that, what you're doing in Oblivion Skyrim thread?

Also: gtfo.

EDIT:

Metro said:
Now we're playing RPG Grammardex with fictional words?

Yup, because grammar is serious business. And when you're pissed there's no better way to start bitching, apparently.

MMXI

Arcane
Data4 said:
Anyone else feel a Final Solution should be implemented on all join dates post-2007?
Nah. 2004.

How does that make you feel?

:troll:

mr.doo

Educated
Metro said:
Now we're playing RPG Grammardex with fictional words?

Fuck yes. :thumbsup:

Metro said:
Yup, because grammar is serious business. And when you're pissed there's no better way to start bitching, apparently.

Hum dude ? This is the codex, if I was to get pissed every time someone dissed skyrim or oblivion I'd hardly be around by now. I'm not really overjoyed about skyrim either. Thing is, you try too hard.

MMXI

Arcane
You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat.
I think I'll take this advice by giving up now. It's just futile, man! :M

Marobug

Tel Velothi said:
No. It's too entertaining. If you don't want to read that, what you're doing in Oblivion Skyrim thread?

If you find this entertaining then the codex will be the best amusing park you'll ever see. I don't mind skyrim hate, but I find desperate calls for attention annoying. If you want to fit in that's not the right way to do it. In other news, welcome to the codex.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Surf Solar said:
Besides the actual lol, all aforementionend interfaces had style. Skyrim? It's like the Dragonborn(tm) got his medieveal smartphone. Yes, the interface makes that much sense. Do I prefer some more clunky, but stylized GUI over this piece of shit? Yes I do.

Can someone with an ounce of talent make a comic out of this?

Dragonborn is released from Prison (TES schtick) is given his effects from the jailor. He finds (loots from a nearby crate/box/basket/toilet) a scroll of Magick! (Nords use em for kindling right? as they cant/dont cast) and he cannot learn it, he gets his iPhone out to check his Magick level and scrolls through his stats.

Actually, can someone with an ounce of talent AND wit make a joke along similar lines? Just want to see the lulz that can be milked from an iPhone type scrolling interface retardation in a fantasy game.

That or the propaganda thread could use it somehow. FIGHT DRAGONS WITH SMARTFONE!!! ONLY 5 POTATO!!!!!

Xi

Arcane
I admit, it seems better, as a game, than Oblivion did. That, in and of itself, is a slight incline for that studio. Still, it's such a pathetic attempt..... It's like they don't know what they are doing, and are just piecing it together at random.

Basically 10/10, Orgasim, best thing ever, game of the year, and a piece of heaven....

a budda

Arbiter
Turisas said:
Stabwound said:
It's also pretty obvious that the dragons are going to be the oblivion gates of Skyrim. So fun trying to go somewhere or do something and a dragon shows up out of nowhere and starts attacking you. All the time.

I MUCH rather have quick dragon encounters than have to climb those stupid towers in a handful of Oblivion maps over and over again.

finished two and immediately knew: won't finish the game :smug: , proceeded with hitchhiking

if it's random "dragon!!!1, run away!!!" encounter occuring in some areas more often (+dice rolls against outdoorsman) and ranger/outdoorsman skills improve your "in-hiding" indicator and provide with more hiding spots...
then i'm in

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom