Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Skyrim DLC Dragonborn Released on PC

Luzur

Good Sir
i long for the days when tes vampires were ugly mofos that could jump over houses, fly at will and crush hlaalu guards like a skull of pig with their bare hands.

like dawnguard and skyrim itself, it doesn't have a real villain. it's just some dude that attacks you for NO reason. well, actually there is, but it is badly(as in, not at all) explained and contrived as hell. so miraak is imprisoned in the tentacle dimension and can't get out unless he absorbs you're dragon soul, at least i think, because like i said: nothing tells you anything. and as anyone versed in lore could tell you, escaping/travelling from/to oblivion is not that hard. some wizards can do it at a whim, yet this superpowered quasi dawntime dragonborn, chosen of schizodragongod of time who knows a shout with 4 words(oh my god, that's like 1 more than any other! look at how badass he is! i bet he can go supersayannord aryan lvl 57!) can't? why he needs your soul is never explained, why those 50 dragonsouls he steals from you aren't enough is not explained. why he goes straight to "attack player" instead of trying dialogue first is never explained. nothing is explained in the mainquest. miraaks goals when he finally gets parole are also left to your imagination. he wants to rule solstheim, and then the world, or something.

fuck this blatant morrowind fan pandering garbage. mushrooms, ashstorms and being called "outlander" was not what made morrowind good or cool, when will that little factoid finally reach their tiny babby brains?

also: i don't remember there ever being dwemer ruins on solstheim.

i will never know i guess, Dragonborn somehow killed my SkyrimLauncher.

and no from my memories there are no Dwemer ruins on Solstheim.

Sul

Savant
Morrowind is a brilliant game. It is frightening to think that it came from the mind of Todd Howard
Don't you mean Kirkbride? He was the creative mind behind Redguard, Morrowind and Skyrim. Toddler was responsilble for the change from dungeon-crawling to open-world adventure because Ultima 7 is his favorite game and all that...

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Morrowind is a brilliant game. It is frightening to think that it came from the mind of Todd Howard
Don't you mean Kirkbride? He was the creative mind behind Redguard, Morrowind and Skyrim. Toddler was responsilble for the change from dungeon-crawling to open-world adventure because Ultima 7 is his favorite game and all that...

True, Todd was still in a lead design position on Morrowind though. Ultima 7 is a good game, not a bad influence to have at all. You can definitely see the Ultima influence in the Elder Scrolls series, it's just that they're too incompetent to reach anywhere near Ultima level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom