Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Collector's Edition Announced for a mere...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That's a fuck-lot of money for what will surely be a cheap ass statue.

I wouldn't mind a pdf of the art book though.

Gord

Arcane
Only collectors edition I ever bought was for River of Time.
Was looking for the game and at the time at 20€ Collectors edition was the cheapest one I could find.

Drakensang_AFDZ_Collectors_Edition.PNG

The cloth map brought back fond memories of my PnP sessions with the system.

Of course, there was a time when you didn't need to buy "collectors editions" to get stuff like that...

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I've bought some of the big, expensive collector's editions in the past (usually when they end up on clearance a few months after release) and been largely pleased with the things that they came with. This one doesn't look like it's worth anything near the price that they're asking.

Actually, I've always wondered where the things that come with these big box sets end up. I mean, I've got a section of bookshelf where I keep my art books, and I have a couple of smaller things tucked into small corners of my work space...but where the hell do you put a dragon statue or a frigging Master Chief helmet or some of these other huge things? Are there seriously people that have display cases dedicated to video game collector's edition things?

Why you guys hatin? Price is fair! See lemme break it down.

60$ for Skyrim
30$ for artbook
according to sgc_meltdown 50$ for the Art piece.
10$ for the making of and map

Lemme do the math thats 150 so yeah you may not like it but dont say the price is over the top cause it aint.

Garm

Learned
Perfect Nachos said:

60$ for Skyrim
30$ for artbook

Lemme do the math thats 150 so yeah you may not like it but dont say the price is over the top cause it aint.

You're an idiot, and so is anyone who'd pay $50 for a dragon statue or $30 for a book of Bethesda "art".

Garm said:
Perfect Nachos said:

60$ for Skyrim
30$ for artbook

You're an idiot, and so is anyone who'd pay $50 for a dragon statue or $30 for a book of Bethesda "art".

‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-colour illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 23.8cm x 30.8cm coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.

Wuts with puttin art in quotes huh? Most art books are less than 40 pages and five times that makes will worth the value. Plus Im an aspiring artist, so where better to draw inspiration from than one of the better RPGs coming out in years?

As for the statue, I'm a collector and I doubt I'm the only one as sgc_meltdown has proven.

So in conclusion, shut your fuckin FACE you muff cabbage. You may not give a shit (and thats okay) but that don't give you license to berate people who do.

What kinda name is Garm anyway?

Edit: Pun unintended!!!!!

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
Perfect Nachos said:
Wuts with puttin art in quotes huh? Most art books are less than 40 pages and five times that makes will worth the value. Plus Im an aspiring artist, so where better to draw inspiration from than one of the better RPGs coming out in years?

well, bethesda gets their concept art from a company in asia or the uk or something. forget the name off the top of my head.

i am willing to accept that "better RPGs in years" as long as you qualify it as 2-3 years.

hell you could even count NV or even AP as you say "better" not best... and it could very well be one of the better ones... but that speaks more to the quality of what other companies are calling RPGs and less about bethesda.

and if you are an aspiring artist, why are you looking at bethesda? they have horrible artistic merit reputation overall with maybe some good stuff in a couple places. all they do is crank out mediocre art. if all you can do is mediocre, then get a job quick with bethesda and get some seniority before they realize you are nothing special like everyone else they have.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
the dead island one is basically you paying a little bit more for crap merchandise-ready warehouse stock 'blanks' someone had to move really quick with the dead island logo, a silly white shirt and I think 19 and 20 are dlc items.

all the stuff at that price does look quite substantial if you're impulse pre-ordering while drunk I guess

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom