Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silent Storm Sentinels: Who to recruit?

deuxhero

Arcane
I did both the Shade and Bank Robbery encounter and am sitting on a ton of cash right now. Any recommendations on who to pick up (both characterization wise and stats)?

deuxhero

Arcane
Planned to do that (MC is a sniper), though I'm no sure who to take.

Eagle got good use through the original, though I'm not sure what she's saying most of the time. Are any of the other snipers entertaining?

laclongquan

Arcane
Damnit I forgot. MC really should be an engineer because there's a mission waaaaaay late game with a reward of a robot for a top class engineer. Non-ENG can not activate it.

Reminder: You can train your engineering skill by do the random mission, then take the explosive that you probabbly wont use to trap the doors and windows.

You can find the rocket pistol, and rocket arrows. Then you can imagine that it's a single shotgun. Clickety Boom.

deuxhero

Arcane
Never heard of it. What mission is this in? Does the remove PK mod remove it?

I've read that buying lockpicks and trying pick the left file cabinet in the office was the best way to train it in Sentinels. Grenades are fairly expensive.

laclongquan

Arcane
I was confused between S2 and S3. If you have access to unlimit buyable picks, then yes, buying it to pick on that place is the fastest, cheapest way to train. If not, and have access to unlimited grenades by way of random encounters, then yes, trapping doors and windows there is a good way to train ENG.

I remember that the english size2 grenades are good to train, because its damage is small, unlike the size4 types, especially the pineapples. Mhmmm That probbably S2.

You need the coded message from the Penemünde Archives mission, speak to the THO Agent after capturing him at the Finnish border and then get the code book in the Switzerland covert mission. It should activate a Poland mission zone.
Or you can cheat
To cheat, open the file s3autoexec.cfg, add the "wirbelwind" without quote to
the end of it. that will allow you to use ~ to pull down console. type EXACTLY
ScenarioAddVisibleZone( "Secret" )
that to make visible the mission zone in poland
BeginZone( "Secret" )
that to begin the zone.
space and capitalization must be exactly as above, mind you.

That robot is impossible to do stealth missions, so you should not cheat your way in too early. Only engineer (ENG 130+) can activate the robot, so yeah, currently you have no worry on that account~

The mission got some robots like last mission Assault, so if the mod remove them, possibly we get an empty factory~

deuxhero

Arcane
I think I'll go with Kenko, Dani, the two Russian snipers and Shade. Sound good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom