Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silent Storm - is there a widescreen/resolution fix?

Gwendo

Augur
I've installed the game, solved the "unsuported video card" problem, but I can only play it at @800x600 or @1024x768 resolution, in my 22" monitor.

Is there any fix/patch/trick to play this game at higher resolutions and in widescreen? Preferably @1680x1050.

Apollion

Scholar
I think the expansion pack Sentinels added some wide screen resolutions. If you can't or don't want to get your hands on it, here's a link to a bunch of S2 resources.

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/index.php?cid=5

There's something called the GFX configurator in the Tools section that lets you fiddle around with all sorts of graphics options, maybe it'll help.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there a fix for S2's "unsupported video card" problem?

Gwendo

Augur
Apollion said:
I think the expansion pack Sentinels added some wide screen resolutions. If you can't or don't want to get your hands on it, here's a link to a bunch of S2 resources.

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/index.php?cid=5

There's something called the GFX configurator in the Tools section that lets you fiddle around with all sorts of graphics options, maybe it'll help.

I've installed the full version of the tool, but an error still appears (some file *.OCX is missing). Even downloading that specific file and placing it in the same directory as the tool, the same error appears...

Gwendo

Augur
Ok, I found a way to use the tool. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow widescreen resolutions... :(

Gwendo

Augur
Install patch 1.1 and apply the crack from GCW.

BTW, S3 allows widescreen resolutions.

Gwendo

Augur
Is there any chance, two years later, that a widescreen fix came up?

Gwendo

Augur
That's a pity... Oh well.

It's frustrating no one took that excelent engine, updated it and made a new game. It's still looks and plays great these days, although in 4:3 resolution.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Akella was doing Jagged Alliance 3 using updated Silent Storm engine but unfortunately that project was cancelled, but they even showed it around in E3 2007.

pipka

Savant
Looked better than BiA. A lot shit were thrown at them as I remember back in time.
And dem fully destructible environments...
:cry:

Gwendo

Augur
This was cancelled and we got BiA instead?!

BTW, Silent Storm Gold was released on GOG. I'm still inquiring if, by any chance, they introduced widescreen resolutions. If that's the case, I'll but the game again.

arthur233

Barely Literate
A few years late. But there are two fixes. You can use nvidias scaling feature to put the game in a pililar mode with black bars on either side. Alternatively, your moniter should have a aspect ratio setting which auto changes to the given signal. Both fixes will have black bars, but at-least the game is not stretched.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just got this as a present on gog, seems pretty cool and just the ticket for playing on my laptop. Are there any recomendé mods for the S2 Silent Storm versión sold on gog? Does it run without issues?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The vanilla game can mostly be run without issue, it's a pretty great game.

As for mods, most people use the "no-panzerkleins" mod, which probably means nothing to you now. Play through the game once and then see if you want to use that. Then there's the DieHard mod which ups the difficulty considerably, and is quite popular. Ammo fixes mod changes some typos and makes things more realistic. Skill watchdog hack, uniforms, Wehrmacht stuff, grenade range increase, all optional.

They are all basically optional, but can improve the game.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks guys I will check those out, just installed the game and it looks like fun

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks guys I will check those out, just installed the game and it looks like fun
It is fun, do have a look at Hammer and Sickle when you're done with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom