Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Savage Rifts

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
So, the kickstarter is up and has already made more than twenty times its goal. Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm not really familiar with Savage Worlds, but it's apparently a "rules lite" system which I'm not a fan of. If the rules are usable at all, though, they'll be better than the old ones, and it is a setting I'd like to play in or maybe even run someday.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's more rules-medium than rules-lite. Combat is very fast-paced and encourages improv and tactics. Because of the default Target Number of 4 for challenging tasks, it is easy for the GM to hack difficulty modifiers on the fly too.

I used to think the health regen Shaken mechanics would make the game popamole - in theory it sounds like it could - but when put into play, I rarely had a combat that stagnated.

I've only a passing familiarity with Rifts, but SW works well with gonzo heroic action.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks terrible, much like the original. This setting is so full of shit that I'd have to be on cocaine to enjoy it. Also, fuck Savage Worlds and their exploding horsepussy. The only proper system for Rifts is to grab a generous handful of polyhedral dice and toss them in the toilet. Afterward, you call a random 1-800 number and if it's a phone sex line you have succeeded. Fact is, I knew a lot of people in the Navy that played Rifts. They were probably the ass hats that the Big Bang Theory television show was based on. I can honestly say we're goddamn lucky all of our sub bases haven't been blown to smithereens by now.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom