Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sandwalkers - Roguelite Caravan Strategy with Turn-based party combat - Now on Kickstarter (with free Prologue)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Since a friend of mine is working on the game, I thought I'd drop a thread here as well for an upcoming (EA 2023, Release 2024) title called Sandwalkers. The title has started its Kickstarter today, asking for $40.000, and already reached about 20% of that goal within a few hours.

Sandwalkers is a rogue-lite grid-based adventure/strategy game, with some caravan-management and party-based combat systems on top. The Devs, Goblinz Studio, already made and published a bunch of other Indie titles, the most "well-known" would probably be Legend of Keepers (obvious nod towards dungeon keeper, and the basic premise is the same).

There's a freely available Prologue of the game on steam already, so if this sounds in any way interesting to you, you migh wanna give it a try.

Ff7Q2vDX0AAIM2Z

Beyond the strategy and sim-portions of the game, it also features turn-based party combat.

It even comes with its own dick-caravans.

FfbkbiAWAAE2eTF

Let's see how this shapes up. If there's any questions, I can try to get some answers from my friend who is working on the game. Or maybe I'll get him to post here, although I actually like the dude (even though he's french) and I'm not sure I wanna subject him to the codex.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

Only 3 days left in the campaign, and they managed to get over 90% of the funding so far. (37.767€/40.000€ as of this post)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...lkers-a-roguelike-turn-based-exploration-game

f00cd15bd6.jpg

Looks like not all these goals will be met, which is a bit unfortunate. Still quite happy that they set some realistic goals, and all the limited-number rewards sold as well. Also seems like they're not out to rush things, despite the playable demo being pretty solid, as the game is slated to release fully in 2024

bc5c256843.jpg

Hopefully it meets its goal. :)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom