Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sacred 2

xuerebx

Erudite
Anyone here play the game? I downloaded the demo yesterday, and I've been playing it for a while.

The begining stages seem...bland. Not sure it's the game I want, but maybe it gets better. Does it?

I just really need a game right now, Sacred 2 seemed a good choice.

xuerebx

Erudite
I should add if anyone wants to suggest an RPG...

Something after 2002. I believe I've played most of the pre 2002 era.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sacred 2 is a Diablo clone. Nothing more, nothing less. If you expect it to be a real RPG, prepare to be disappointed even more.

If you want something actiony, I've quite enjoyed Rise of the Argonauts as an RPG-lite which is mostly an action game with some occasional dialogue that even contains very minor C&C. It does horribly rape Greek mythology, though, but which mythologically inspired game doesn't nowadays.

xuerebx

Erudite
Looked RotA up. Hmm, doesn't seem so bad. Might give it a try, is it just fighting and fighting?

Any more suggestions?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
xuerebx said:
Looked RotA up. Hmm, doesn't seem so bad. Might give it a try, is it just fighting and fighting?

Any more suggestions?

Well it's mostly fighting but there's also areas where you can walk around freely, talk to people and do quests. RPG-lite, as I said. More dialogue than Sacred, though, so you'd probably prefer it.

DaveO

Erudite
Patch 2.4 on Sacred 2 introduced bugs that took two steps backwards. This game has been out for well over six months and its playability is mediocre at best in its current state. You're far better off getting something else. Ascaron is going thru cash woes, and may doing the Flagship departure before the end of the year.

goatvomit

Eau de Rapax
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That Blind Guardian gag was quite funny in a gay power metal way. Apart from that it's just hack / slash ad nauseam. You travel from place A to B killing pretty much everything in sight and when you look the other way everything has spawned back and you get a serious cramp in your mouse hand. You really have to like grind to get any enjoyment out of it.

xuerebx

Erudite
I guess I can cross off Sacred2 from the list. More suggestions welcome...

Phelot

Arcane
Sacred 2's main appeal appears to be petite models dressed in tiny thongs and rags.

xuerebx

Erudite
I literally spent 2 hours searching for a game on the internet, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I'm buying Deus Ex tomorrow, and Thief if I can find that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom