Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Sacred 1.5 Final released

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Sacred

It's here, only one day late, which ain't too bad. <A href="http://www.sacred-game.com">Sacred</a>'s patch comes in two flavors, there's the <A href="http://ascaron.org/sacred/sacred_eng_1.5.exe">Sacred 1.5 UK patch</a> and the <A href="http://ascaron.org/sacred/sacred_enu_1.5.exe">Sacred 1.5 US/Canada</a> patch.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Barghest</b>!
<br>

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Oddly enough it just seems to be a bunch of posts asking if it's true with only one small mention of "editing a config file".? Someone delete a post or two?

mathboy

Liturgist
It said (before it was edited) change VIOLENCE in Settings.cfg from 2 to 1.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'd post about it on the front page, but I kind of want something like that LOW KEY so that Encore doesn't decide to make Ascaron fix it in a future patch.

DIPthong

Novice
:idea: :!:
Ok so setting it from 2 to 1 gives us violence...what if we set it to 0...will we have a little of the old...wait for it....ULTRA VIOLENCE? :D

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Setting it to 0 gives you the "Gore Turned Off" option which is reactiavatable in the options screen, unlike option 2. If you set it to '2' in the English and German versions, the Gore setting in the Options screen will go missing, much like how it is in the US Version.

Voss

Erudite
Well, that was easy. And works too, from the sheer quantity of blood that is now showing up.

Of course, the irony is I'm playing a wood elf and keeping the screen fully pulled back for shooting purposes, so all I really see is the huge pools of red.
:wink:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
When's the Codex review of Sacred coming out? I want to know. Is Sacred any good?

Whipporowill

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
When's the Codex review of Sacred coming out? I want to know. Is Sacred any good?

YES.

Sacred's damn good and basically worthy of the score of scores (hah) in the "eighties" it's gotten in german. It takes quite a long time to play through with even one character, and multiplayer doesn't seem to work at m - so it's rather a chore to review. I'm planning on doing one unless someone else beats me too it... :roll:

axel

Liturgist
The game is pretty fun, got lots of horriable game play flaws though and I wish it would have copied Nox's interface more than Diablo2's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom