Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview RPGDot takes a gander at The Bloody Magic

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Dawn of Magic; Sky Fallen Entertainment

In another <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=718>Games Convention update</a>, <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a> have taken a look at <a href=http://www.skyfallen.com>Sky Fallen</a>'s <a href=http://www.thebloodymagic.com>The Bloody Magic</a>, a rather nice-looking action RPG coming up later this year.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The Bloody Magic is a beautiful, isometric 3rd person CRPG with Diablo-esque graphics where the focus is – well – on magical combat. Player characters are always mages, but there are 12 classes of magic to choose from – earth magic, fire magic, poison magic... among others. Your initial choice for a spellcaster class will define your character’s basic looks; whenever your character upgrades his skills or acquires a new class of spells, the appearance will change accordingly. Depending on whether you stay true to your initial class or branch out into other fields of magic, the visible result can be anything from terrifying to downright weird, or both. A pure combat mage will end up looking very martial, while a nature mage who also trained in death magic will wear a bone cuirass in addition to his antlers – looks nice.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Well, that's a rather nice touch, I think. Score another one for Russian developers. Make sure to take a look at the screenshots, because, <i>dang</i> that's purdy.
<br>
<br>
Plus, based on the article, there'll be a touch of non-linear story progression! Could this be the Lionheart we were hoping to get?

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
It is purty and that is one lean interface. I also like the fact that you can help or stop the main big baddie. The big baddie's motivation is kinda nifty too.
A question tho: did I miss it or is there nothing said about what kind of combat it is going to be? Pause and Play, RT, TB?

Jed

Cipher
Crazy Tuvok said:
It is purty and that is one lean interface. I also like the fact that you can help or stop the main big baddie. The big baddie's motivation is kinda nifty too.
A question tho: did I miss it or is there nothing said about what kind of combat it is going to be? Pause and Play, RT, TB?
I went over and registered to their forum and posted this question, so hopefully we'll get an answer sometime today.

A funneh I saw while there:
Big Boss said:
> ps: where are the smilies?????
> :/)
Smilies kill zen.
Ooh, another good bit:
LordGodDesigner said:
I just wanted to expound a little on the 'mage class only' issue. Being a mage in TBM is not the same as in traditional magic classes; you have full use of weapons and are restricted only by your character stats, which you upgrade over time. The term 'class' doesn't really apply here. Everyone uses magic, and everyone uses weapons. You can choose to create a character that specializes in magic fields that don't require weapons, or in magic fields that utilize weapons as a delivery system.
-- Lord God Designer
I like the sound of using weapons as a "delivery system" for my magic. Thaum was my fave class in Prelude...

If the combat is done well, this could be an interesting little game.

Spazmo

Erudite
It's an action RPG, so I'd bet my bottom dollar on full RT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom