Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG of the Millenium Witcher 2 surpasses potato as #1 export

made

Arcane
The Witcher 2 game, released on May 17, proved a great success, with sales of 940,000 copies, out of which 200,000 were downloaded online by gamers.
http://www.wbj.pl/article-55824-the-wit ... -sold.html

I thought DD sales would be higher tbh, what with the GOG deal and all. On the other hand, the box goodies were pretty sweet.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
hrrm is it poland's best potato ever or did painkiller or two worlds or bulletstorm set the record

Phelot

Arcane
:lol: Did the Polish government award them another reward for boosting their economy?

made

Arcane
Word on the internet is that those are the sales for the first half of 2011 so should be past the 1mil mark by now. Still, 2W2 has it beat, at least until the console version comes out.

Suchy

Arcane
So is 2W2 any good? I played it for a short while, but just couldn't get into it. Should I give it another chance?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Does Poland export potato? I thought those were all for internal consumption.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Still an impressive number for a PC exclusive from a non-US publisher/studio. Seeing that 200k of these copies were digital downloads, I'd like to see how many of that was via GOG.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
anus_pounder said:
Yes, thats something I want to know as well. Where did this polish potato meme come from ?
It's actually more relevant to Latvia and Ukraine.

The joke is that Poland is being seen as the same thing as Latvia and Ukraine.

Think of it as the same thing as jokes about Canada being basically America.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Suchy said:
So is 2W2 any good? I played it for a short while, but just couldn't get into it. Should I give it another chance?

Yes, you should. If you like to explore a massive world, inhibited with non-scale-able enemies, where different type of weapon injures really matters, where you are able to do some insane combination of spell and items crafting (from different type of spell modifications, through inserting crystals into to coloring cloths with dyes). Great and flexible system. And - of course - don't give a shit to stupid story. Just... pass over it. Pretend doesn't exist. Also, forget "prologue" thingy (first island as somewhat flawed training level). Game really begins at "chapter one". Uncomfortably, one must crawl through "prologue". But after that, you can start enjoy of Two Worlds 2.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Two Worlds 2 is, I think, inferior to the original, simply because they fucked up the exploration severely (which was, incidentally, the only good thing about the first game). Quest-locked areas, quest-locked tents (lol), etc. The magic system is neat, though, at least in concept.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Crooked Bee said:
Two Worlds 2 is, I think, inferior to the original, simply because they fucked up the exploration severely (which was, incidentally, the only good thing about the first game). Quest-locked areas, quest-locked tents (lol), etc. The magic system is neat, though, at least in concept.

You mean - main quest locked areas? I'm not doing any "main thing" till I don't have any other choice left.
Also, I don't played first game, but I indented to, after I finish second - for pure exploration sake - (now, when I know how TW RPG system works, that will be pure pleasure, ah...).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom