Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Black Book

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
you get the true Ruskiy roleplaying experience of playing Durak with a bunch of old men.
SIGN ME IN.
Durak could be a cool foundation for a computer card game, with its ability to be both turn based and attack at will.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for the review, BosanskiSeljak . This game is not what I expected it to be based on casual glance at its Steam page and screenshots. You actually gave me a compelling reason to add it to my to-play list.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
"One of these is esteemed user BosanskiSeljak"

LOL

Who even is this retard?

Him being a retard notwithstanding, he's at least someone who made some effort and spent the time writing something worthy, which is seemingly much more than you have ever done on this forum.
Fuck off back to GD.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Does this game use rotoscoping? Looks like a missed opportuntity

I think this is a very basic little game, which is a shame because Slavic mythology is hella interesting

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
"One of these is esteemed user BosanskiSeljak"

LOL

Who even is this retard?

Him being a retard notwithstanding, he's at least someone who made some effort and spent the time writing something worthy, which is seemingly much more than you have ever done on this forum.
Fuck off back to GD.

Why the retarded weebo nerd quoting me? Is he butthurt cuz I talked mean abt his daddy animu dealer or?

jrpg'rs should stay silent, you dont have rights here

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thanks for the review, BosanskiSeljak . This game is not what I expected it to be based on casual glance at its Steam page and screenshots. You actually gave me a compelling reason to add it to my to-play list.
You can get it right now starting at 3 games for 4.99
https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-indie-legends-bundle
LOL, what is this faggotry?

zpVg21U.png

It is the only game where this has happened, btw.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I think this is a very basic little game, which is a shame because Slavic mythology is hella interesting
The game was definitely carried by its setting. What's the closest game to Slavic Mythology we've ever gotten? Vague references in Witcher? Vodyanoi & leshy both show up in the game, but instead of tapping a Witcher senses button, following tracks and slashing a generic mob, you interact with them with each section essentially being a skazka. It is a story fag game 100%, but with some extra work on a combat system it really could've been amazing. It was only their second game, the first being some 2D adventure game that's only a couple hours long, so I was very surprised with the amount of content they had in this one. But they're going back to the adventure route in their upcoming game which is a shame because there's a lot of potential improvement for an RPG in the settings they specialize in.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Witcher is more popculture fantasy compared to this game. Black book is more in tune with russian literature by a lot. Too bad it's linear card collector even if there are multiple endings. It's also tad puritan for my expectations of witches ridin chorts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom