Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rolling a diplomatic character in nwn2

miles teg

Scholar
So, I'm starting now the vanilla campaign (the idea is to play this first and then go to motb which everyone say it's good) and I have a question about my build.

I like to play diplomatics characters AND I love playing spellcasters so I was thinking about rolling a sorc.

My question is: do I need diplomacy, bluff and intimidate to fully enjoy my diplomatic character, or is diplomacy alone good enough?

Asking just because I need to decide how many point to allocate into Int.

Oh and any idea about which skills are mandatory for sorcs? In Nwn 1 it was just concentration and spellcraft, what about it here?

Neanderthal

Arcane
Diplomacy alone should cover you for most situations, bluff and intimidate are used but fucking rarely, though I think they all get a lot more play in MotB if I remember right.

Yeah concentration and spellcraft are main two for spellies, sometimes throw a bit into tumble just to escape AoO. Might be worth plotting out your advancement before you start, choosing what prestige you wanna go for and route to get there, or sometimes winging it is more fun I admit. Oh and grab some appropriate crafting if you want, though game provides adequate crafters in both base and expansion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom