Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen is the best Gothic game.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^ I suggest you replay Risen.

You won the game without realising that blocking power attacks results in a guard crush?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Actually, he's right. The point is that you risk being fatally interrupted if you use it in the wrong moment.

flushfire

Augur
Dicksmoker said:
So you're saying you don't like it because it's too hard?
No, I like difficult games, but I don't like how the difficulty in Risen was done. Ideally the challenge should come from encounter design, enemy variety or good AI, not from difficult execution or heavy imbalance. Heck, even fighting games (the good ones at least) stay away from balancing special moves by making execution difficult.

Dicksmoker said:
Yes, and that's a good thing in an action rpg.
In an action adventure, sure. But in an action RPG, I just don't agree. Esp. in Risen where you almost can't build your character.

Dicksmoker said:
They work, but it takes some practice. It sounds like you just didn't have the skill or couldn't be arsed to use them properly.
I didn't say they don't work, I said they are not effective, considering the investment. It's not even a question of skill, why would you bother when charge-up works everytime? Not my fault that it's both easier and far more effective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom