Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revoke Twiglards privileges?

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
You've never heard of the Wayback Time Machine? How new are you? Ever heard that nothing is truly ever deleted from the internet?
A ton of stuff isn't archived unless someone specifically prompts it to do so ime, esp. with forums.

Humbaba

Arcane
Can any of the many jurists, lawyers and judges of the codex enlighten us on what does and doesn't constitute stalking? Afaik it only involves harassing someone, the gathering of whatever kind of information on a given person is somewhat unrelated.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
what does constitute stalking

emu-adult-emu-stalking-grassland-1834905.jpg.webp

Gahbreeil

Learned
Point is, said information was not available on the forum.
(Said posts were deleted at the source.)
What I meant is that it was not available from you. And even if you did post private information on the forum, it does not give anyone permission to slur at you, curse you out, bully you or make threats of violence OUTSIDE of the forum which allows freedom of speech and so, the first two points.

Researching a person just for bullying them is lamer than Timur the Lame.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Point is, said information was not available on the forum.
(Said posts were deleted at the source.)
What I meant is that it was not available from you. And even if you did post private information on the forum, it does not give anyone permission to slur at you, curse you out, bully you or make threats of violence OUTSIDE of the forum which allows freedom of speech and so, the first two points.

Researching a person just for bullying them is lamer than Timur the Lame.

If you are a woman then you are the poster child for why women shouldn't vote or hold office.

For one thing nobody threatened Ted. That's you making a strawman. Nobody is bullying Ted. He's a big boy and can take care of himself.

Now for your charge of stalking that according to the US Department of Justice that is conduct that is directed at someone that is designed to cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety and causing severe emotional distress. None of which applies here. All someone did was find Ted's posts from another forum and posted them here. Nobody has threatened Ted with violence or anything designed to cause fear to my knowledge.

Words have meaning and you can't make shit up when it comes to legally defined words.

EDIT: It appears I have triggered Ted once again and now he's crying. Bring me your tears Ted because they taste delicious.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

fork

It's the called the free market.

Lol, well, if you want to take that direction, Twiglard should definitely be "forgiven". You don't last very long in the free market if you cook the goose that lays some of your golden eggs. Pretty easy decision from a value adding perspective.
Missing the point entirely, you dumb tranny.
the earthquake missed.
Yeah, that shit is in Germany...

Gahbreeil

Learned
If you are a woman then you are the poster child for why women shouldn't vote or hold office.

For one thing nobody threatened Ted. That's you making a strawman. Nobody is bullying Ted. He's a big boy and can take care of himself.

Now for your charge of stalking that according to the US Department of Justice that is conduct that is directed at someone that is designed to cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety and causing severe emotional distress. None of which applies here. All someone did was find Ted's posts from another forum and posted them here. Nobody has threatened Ted with violence or anything designed to cause fear to my knowledge.

Words have meaning and you can't make shit up when it comes to legally defined words.
Stalking, emotional distress. People looking for more information about a person based on a forum. Emotional distress. You jest, surely?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Stalking, emotional distress. People looking for more information about a person based on a forum. Emotional distress. You jest, surely?

Behold the argument of an idiot. When you can actually address the legal facts as presented let me know. Otherwise have a good day.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Just to clarify a couple of things: We don't actually have a rule against doxxing. :smug:

The rule is, "Don't Get Personal" and contains sections on:

"Stalker-ish Behaviour" (not stalking, stalker-ish) which we define as "anything remotely involving tracking down someone's location [...] personal info". I've been advised Theo didn't post her Steam account, Roguey did a Roguey and posted it.

"Personal Details" which basically says if there's personal info about you on the forum, we will remove it "if it's been requested we do so" (that last bit is the important bit). I don't care if it's a sob story about your cat dying, or your cancer-riddled grandma. Ask us nicely to remove it and it goes. If people keep posting the information, we'll take action against those people until the message has been understood.

And "Shit-posting", which covers 90% of you with, "these users often spend all their time complaining about other users". Note how these are not discussions about RPGs that we're interfering with. On the RPG Codex.

Basically, don't be fucking assholes about personal shit. If personal stuff was deleted at request, we're not "arbitrarily" applying the rules and "protecting certain users". We're exercising the same protection under the rules that we offer all of you morons.

We're also smart enough to know that we can't stop people sharing things off the forum, nor can we mind-wipe everyone into forgetting something they've read. We can only control (to an extent) what gets posted on the Codex.

With regards to Twiglard, we've spoken about it. He did offer to take a hiatus but we need him to fix things like when the front page stops working because Taluntain keeps messing with things. He says he understands what he did wrong. And, despite me potentially perma-banning people I know he likes - including threatening a whole list of people in the admin forum - while leaving him with full admin access, didn't do a Naked Lunch on us. The rule is we remove the info at request, which has mostly been done (pending the usual drama release), not ban everyone. If it happens again, I might have to reconsider (and that goes for all the recent bans we've done, including those we considered but didn't do) but I think we're good for now.

A horse of course

With regards to Twiglard, we've spoken about it. He did offer to take a hiatus but we need him to fix things like when the front page stops working because Taluntain keeps messing with things. He says he understands what he did wrong. And, despite me potentially perma-banning people I know he likes - including threatening a whole list of people in the admin forum - while leaving him with full admin access, didn't do a Naked Lunch on us. The rule is we remove the info at request, which has mostly been done (pending the usual drama release), not ban everyone. If it happens again, I might have to reconsider (and that goes for all the recent bans we've done, including those we considered but didn't do) but I think we're good for now.

You sound like a dickhead here tbqh. Instead of threatening Twatlord's frens, maybe you should just let him go and find another coder, preferably one with rainbow striped kneesocks.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
You've never heard of the Wayback Time Machine? How new are you? Ever heard that nothing is truly ever deleted from the internet?
A ton of stuff isn't archived unless someone specifically prompts it to do so ime, esp. with forums.
Yeah...NMA wayback archive is useless but Codex has more than five people on at a time so it might do more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom