Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[REQ] Putting the Jungle back in the Bethesda game

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
Was looking through a few old threads here at Cdoex, and found some posts wishing that Oblivion be closer to Bethesda's original lore for Elder Scrolls. There was a lot of talk about about how there were supposed to be jungles instead of generic fantasy-land castles, and I was interested to know if this could be modded in.

I know there are already a lot of Landscape mods ( for cCyrodil), but none that do this, and I think it might make the game a bit better and more enjoyable if it fit the Lore. Interested to know how doable this might be, and wondering if I should hold off on my second playthrough if so.

Also, it would be great if someone could post excerpts from the ingame books where it talks about this.

I guess my req reminds a bit of that one Willham Blake poem about taking the tiger out of the jungle, and the jungle still being inside the tiger (not sure where :D ). Maybe oblivion could be that tiger or better, could be fun!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The jungle stuff isn't in in-game books but in the Pocket Guide that came with Redguard.

Not much point waiting for a mod though. It's not just the landscape that needs fixing to get the jungle thing to work.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Adipose Rex said:
I know there are already a lot of Landscape mods ( for cCyrodil), but none that do this, and I think it might make the game a bit better and more enjoyable if it fit the Lore.

It does fit the lore because one of the gods terraformed cyrodiil.:smug: If you want to see real lore rape play daggerfall. Beth "rapes" the lore with every iteration but even Oblivion isn't as bad as Daggerfail.

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
@ Skeptic what do you mean? you mean like quests/creatures/models/dialog?

@MM how is morrowind about lore? seemed much more unusual and engaging generally, so I assumed there must be something good in lore that mw was more honest with

What would you two say is authority on lore, or at least best authority on lore? Redguard manual?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Infusing the game with a veritable lush emerald jungle hell isn't going to do much when you enter the magnificently modded city and one of the npcs calls out "LOOK AT THE MUSCLES ON YOU!"

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
:lol: but is muscles too large noticing by npcs a dialog that needs fixing or player character model (joke about ai discussion we had already in other thread) :lol:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Adipose Rex said:
@ Skeptic what do you mean? you mean like quests/creatures/models/dialog?
Mainly creatures/models, but also the fact that there should be two different cultures (Nibenese and Colovians), with different artchitectures, clothing styles, etc. You basically need to redo the entire game from scratch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom