Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redacted

Norfleet

The problem with the C approach towards the Gaians is that they already *HAVE* initiated it by landing there. There's no other reason for them to go so far other than to invade your clay. If you check out their forces, you will find that it is some kind of offensive raid unit, or worse, a colony pod. They mean to take your clay. Inaction means losing your clay. What's more, the AI is abysmally stupid, so even if he simply got LOST, he would have no idea how to pick up his units and go the hell away again. They're here to stay. You must eradicate them before they gain a foothold upon YOUR CLAY. Remember how well "Let's wait and see what they do" worked out for the Aztecs and the Incas. Had they attacked and sacrified the Conquistadors immediately, they'd have been in much better shape.

You're in a state of de-facto war anyway, it doesn't matter if you actually have one declared or not: They're all the way over there and it matters little. Seeing as you have magtubes, your first priority should be to interlink your clay.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There's no other reason for them to go so far other than to invade your clay.

On the contrary, Deidre is't the opponent who is very agressive and creating large amount of troops usually is't her playstyle (though I have seen her finishing factions around her somehow and dominating game). She is one of the AI's who you can be pact brothers/sisters and finish game together as long as your planet rating is't very low. Future is unclear...

3res garrison 29 missile infantry 20
...but with Yang it is. Goddamn I hate this guy.

Kjujik

Educated
1C
2 D
3 C
4 First A and after a couple of turns D

Try to takeover most of Yang’s assets as soon as possible, especially since the bases in uranium flats will be a good production centre for additional units. Strong Air force is a priority but some purification rovers will be needed for the final showdown with the Gaians.

The tree huggers are not as peaceful as they want to appear. They control the jungle and with high population and base spamming have huge offensive capabilities. It would be unwise to leave that threat unchecked. If you manage to conquer the Hive the Gaians might turn against you. I’ve played a couple of games, in which the Gaians tried to conquer everything. If not Believers endgame is usually a binary clash against two remaining superpowers. Don’t forget: There can be only one. So be prepared and remain vigilant.

Also :salute: for this magnificent LP.

Norfleet

On the contrary, Deidre is't the opponent who is very agressive and creating large amount of troops usually is't her playstyle (though I have seen her finishing factions around her somehow and dominating game). She is one of the AI's who you can be pact brothers/sisters and finish game together as long as your planet rating is't very low. Future is unclear...
That would be true if she was not actively engaged in clay-taking at this very moment. Gaians are actually a very strong faction because of their fungus food bonus: The fact that they can eat this stuff allows them to actually build a functional economy on nothing but fungus, which is what the world unavoidably becomes.

None of this really matters, though: Once the AI has decided to invade your clay, hostilities are inevitable. AIs do not respect territorial boundaries or natural borders. They can't even figure out how to LEAVE. Even ordinarily "friendly" factions become implacably hostile and unreasonable once they start to invade your turf.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Anyone else use terraforming up extensively to get more energy? I usually invest heavily on terraformers and at some point my main bases are fully terraformed. Then I start terraforming up. Squares terraformed to maximum height yields 4 or 5 energy more than sea squares.

Cassidy

Arcane
Personally, I prefer boreholes, boreholes and more boreholes outside of city squares then send the crawlers in.

Also if I were LPing this I'd have gotten bored at this point. The game is already won.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I was never a fan of boreholes. As an enhancement they were pretty boss, but the hit to eco rating and subsequent swarms of mindworms every goddamn turn got old real fast. :/
Unless you were gaians ironically enough. If you were gaians you wanted to crank out a decent amount of pollution for the free units when you tamed mindworm boils.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom