Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recomend me a microphone (<$25)

deuxhero

Arcane
I was looking at Logitech 980186-0403, as it is the cheepest microphone Newegg lists with a good rating (except I would get it on Amazon, as free shipping is cool).

Warnings against? Other recommendations for my price range?

Tycn

Savant
Wouldn't recommend the desktop design, I had one for a while and it was clumsy as fuck. I assume you'll be using it for VOIP?

The Zalman clip on gets a lot of praise, though I haven't tried it myself.

deuxhero

Arcane
Hmm... he has a topic in the gameing section asking for microphone advice.

Obviously he wants it for VoIP

:roll:

I want it for in-game chat and a video lets play.

Tycn

Savant
VOIP = vent and whatnot = analogous to ingame chat, is what I meant. No need to scathe me with your rolling eyes emoticon. I stand by my comment.

Bruticis

deuxhero said:
Bruticis said:
Zalman clip is the way to go.

From personal use or?

Yup, I use a Audio-Technica ATH AD700 + the Zalman clip mic for ages. It's pretty much the defacto standard if you search around. I've had zero problems, team mates can hear me just fine. Mind you I game in my office with no really background noise other then a TV on from time to time. That would be the only thing I could think of as a downside to the Zalman, if you're in a noisy area it might pick up some of the extra junk.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Do you already have some super great set of headphones? Just get some cheap-o headset with a mic. As far as advice... really not going to matter sub $25 -- it's pretty much a crapshoot, just read the feedback at Newegg.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep, nothing wrong with cheap-o. It's how I go because I've heard too many stories from friends buying the overpriced designer stuff like Razer and Steelseries and whatever only to have them break within a month. I've heard the 'Yapster' headset is one of the better ones amongst the sub $25 mix but, again, always a crapshoot. Could work for a year, could break after a week.

deuxhero

Arcane
Well the speakers have "broken" a few times (the actual "speaker" came out of its slot), but all easily fixed with a screwdriver and thumbs.

Any other recommendations?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom