Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Rain Tactics is an upcoming cyberpunk tactical RPG where you play a god who wants to die

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ervya Studios; Rain Tactics

October 30, 2023 - Ervya Studios is excited to announce its upcoming title Rain Tactics, coming soon on Steam. Players can now check out its announcement trailer here, and its steam page here.

Rain Tactics is a cyberpunk RPG tactics with roguelike elements where you play Winter, an invincible god who desperately wants to die. To fulfill his wish, Winter needs to reach the Gate of Oblivion before it is too late. Alas, the Gate is guarded at the top of the tower-city of Shavanath by minions of the Lady of the Dark. And she is decided to deny Winter’s request. Explore the tower city of Shavanath, lead your avowed into battle and take control over your godly powers to change the course of Fate.

Game features:
  • Turn-based combat inspired by classic SRPG systems where every attack can be fatal to your avowed
  • Multi-class job system where every character can adopt a different class depending on the mission ahead
  • Rogue-like run generation that makes every ascension of the city of Shavanath unique
  • Deep lore and characters backstories which are unraveled with every run
  • Unique fighting system where you may choose between unleashing Winter's godly powers and suffer the consequences, or risk your avowed life into battle

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2629560/Rain_Tactics/

agris

Arcane
Patron
Looks like HBS’s shadowrun, including all the cringe, with simpler procgen maps, and more complex (?) combat mechanics

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
with simpler procgen maps

Worst of all, these kinds of games with turn based gameplay and tiles and 8-directional combat actually have the potential to go a looooooooooooooong way with good maps and AI

Just look at ToEE and KotC

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Pros:
- Turn-based combat
- Okay graphics
- Awesome music

Cons:
- JRPG-style "conversations"
- Kind of a meh story about wanting to die

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Premise in the title of a god wanting to die reminds me of Callisto in Xena Warrior Princess who was always wanting to die but was cursed with immortality... until Xena found The Magic Knife (there's always a magical knife in these things).

flushfire

Augur
Ultra lame story. God wanting to die is lame enough, but then the solution is just reaching some gate that's guarded by a villain called "lady of the dark". Jesus christ, that's the kind of shit gradeschoolers come up with. Didn't even want to watch the trailer after reading that.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ultra lame story. God wanting to die is lame enough, but then the solution is just reaching some gate that's guarded by a villain called "lady of the dark". Jesus christ, that's the kind of shit gradeschoolers come up with. Didn't even want to watch the trailer after reading that.
why? maybe this lady fucks gods to the death daily. she's just THAT good.

std::namespace

where you play a god​

0NO1ml7.png

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I must have misunderstood something. I hope so!
You play Winter, an invincible god. With godly powers. You'd think someone like that wouldn't need teammates to accomplish his objectives, but no, let's put the character background inside this box, and game features like cast of recruitable characters in this other box, and forget they'll be packed together in the same product. "I know you want to feel like a powerful god, dude, but let's forget that for a sec, LOOK!one!! Characters you must drag along the journey, the reason being... just because!".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom