Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pulsar: Lost Colony - cooperative starship simulator

Alchemist

Arcane
This might be of interest to the space sim players here... looks promising, currently being Kickstarted:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leafygames/pulsar-lost-colony?ref=live

PULSAR: Lost Colony is a cooperative starship simulator that takes you and your crew to the farthest corners of the universe on a mission to find the mysterious Lost Colony. It features a procedural galaxy generator so every journey will be unique and contain new challenges for you and your crew.

The game has been designed from the ground up to provide an amazing cooperative multiplayer experience (up to five players), although it is entirely possible to play offline with AI bots as your crew.

It will be released in the Summer of 2014 with a closed alpha test beginning in February 2014.

The game will also fully support the Oculus Rift and game controllers (such as Xbox 360 gamepad).
  • Infinite replayability. Every journey begins in a different galaxy, procedurally generated, so no two galaxies will ever be the same
  • 12+ awesome starships across 5 diverse playable factions to support a vast range of play styles.
  • Five player CO-OP across LAN or Online connections.
  • A robust singleplayer adventure with AI that learns with you, all the way from the Academy to the Stars.
  • Five classes with multiple upgrade paths.
  • Crew permadeath. Be careful out there in the void of space! If your crew perishes, your save is deleted and it's time for a brand new adventure!
  • Challenge modes galore! Captain's Challenge, the Academy Challenge, etc.
  • Journey down to the surface of the planets you find. You'll never know what to expect!

I also just listened to their interview on the Space Game Junkie podcast: http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/featured/sgj-podcast-32-pumped-pulsar-lost-colony/

They are young but seem to have their heads in the right place. They just need to brush up on some space game classics like Starflight...

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This gaem any good? I liek the Star Trek VR one even without VR on single player.

I like PULSAR. I'd say it's a solid "B-". At its best with a full team of five friends, but you can get away with just 3 or 4 in a pinch. You can also have bots man various stations but that kind of defeats the point.

Game is primitive and charming, with different factions that have some overlapping missions and some that are unique per faction. Ground combat is pretty much garbage, click on giant spider to shoot with gun, spider dies. Space combat is much more involved and interesting.

Sense of exploration is wonderful, with vast, unique worlds with very few points of interest which is a good thing in the modern "press A to dig for trash" culture. No digging up rocks every 5 feet. Instead take your time guiding your team across a barren, windswept planetscape to go find the one objective.

Doing missions, getting credits, finding artifacts, upgrading the ship is all good fun.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm looking to start a Co-op space game towards the end of May, so I've been looking around.

This one seems nice as you don't want to play it without the group.

Keeps people from putting in a ton of hours if others can't play as much.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This one seems nice as you don't want to play it without the group. Keeps people from putting in a ton of hours if others can't play as much.
Note it's still technically possible to play solo, so if you have that one asshole friend who wants to level up the ship on his own, he can still do that. (Don't let him be the host who controls the group save file.)

Secret tip: let your friends fight amongst themselves over who gets which station, and let them all think playing as Captain is boring because he doesn't get to press buttons. Then you grudgingly accept the burden of command. Captain is the best position by far.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd have fun doing whatever tbh.

Scientist or engineer would be fine with me if I played this. I could larp a high tech phrenologist searching for the perfect cranium shape.

ADL

Prophet
I put it in the same category as Star Trek Bridge Crew (VR). There's flaws and you need a tolerance for jank but if you can actually get a group together, you'll have a good time.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is this worth my $25? Asfdsdf say's he may play soon. I'm on a budget, so is it good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom