Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prison Architect - formerly from Introversion, acquired by Paradox

Norfleet

Recently Rimworld has done the same in their newest DLC.
This isn't true, no steps were taken to break mods specifically. Mods just inevitably break anytime major codebase changes occur, and the beta branch of the latest version was released specifically so modders could attempt updates prior to the release of the latest DLC.

Victor1234

Educated
Recently Rimworld has done the same in their newest DLC.
This isn't true, no steps were taken to break mods specifically. Mods just inevitably break anytime major codebase changes occur, and the beta branch of the latest version was released specifically so modders could attempt updates prior to the release of the latest DLC.
I meant in the sense that the newest Rimworld DLC is also repackaged mods. The newest biotech DLC combined features that 3 major/popular mods already added, plus pig people.

Paradox may or may not break mods specifically in addition to repackaging popular Prison Architect mods as DLC.

As an aside, as someone who plays heavily modded Rimworld, I know about the beta branch approach (they've done it with every release since 1.1, when I started playing) and I also know that almost every mod on my list breaks with every major patch regardless, but I don't think that's on the company as much as the modders being slow to update.

zool

Arcane
Thinking about trying Prison Architect for the first time soon, with the latest and seemingly final update (The Sunset) as well as the two free DLCs (Cleared for Transfer and Free for Life).

Any mods I should absolutely use on a first playthrough? I've sifted very quickly through the Steam Workshop and only found the following two mods which look like they might be worth installing:

- Ozone's Fixes & Qol All-In-One
- Additional Sprites (for Guards, Staff and Emergency)

Are these mods recommended? Any others?

In the future, I'll definitely try some of the TCs like Back in the Day (1920s), Prisoners of War - Reinstated (WWII) or even Fallout Vault. But I first want to play the OG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom