Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Farts

I played some PoP, waaaay back, on the SNES, got disgusted by how luck based it was (spike traps everywhere, potions that may or may not be poisoned, etc - basically, had to memorize on trial and error), never touched another game on the series due to severe psychological trauma.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:
I played some PoP, waaaay back, on the SNES, got disgusted by how luck based it was (spike traps everywhere, potions that may or may not be poisoned, etc - basically, had to memorize on trial and error)

:lol: at complete failure of appreciating one of the best platformers ever. Spike traps can be seen, and as far as I can remember poisoned potions were slightly different from the real ones so after drinking the first one you could easily distinguish them. Luck has nothing to do with the original PoP.

Divinity: Original Sin
the color of the smoke of the potion, and it's sizes would determine the kind of potion.

But this was on PC. I never really played SNES version, maybe spikes weren't visible.

Yes, I'm thinking the snes version was fucked up. I don't remember potions being easily distinguishable, and the only obvious traps were the ones where you could see that there was a pitfall under them (didn't help much since the prince was slow as fuck, so if you land on them for a milisecond you're pretty much fucked)

Also, I was little, so maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Stop being a faggot, grab DOSBox and play the PC version. Game's awesome, very short (it's meant to be finished under 1h... though you probably won't on your first run), challenging and superbly balanced. The sequel's even more challenging, completely merciless, so frustrating that you'll ragequit many many times yet always come back to it - in short it's the best game of its type you'll ever play. Mechner was good.

Prince of persia 2 was almost impossible to beat in those red walls levels, with those soldiers with bird hats...

I remember playing a pirate version of prince one, and by that time I never really thought it was possible to save the game. Discovered that only after I finished the game once or twice.

About forgotten sands: It has sands of time stile of gameplay, but combat is shit: Too easy. Super easy. the enemy AI takes too long to attack, take forever.

Story is passable, but the game can be fun in platforming sections. And the game is very short.

At least it's far better than that prince of persia from 2008, the cel shaded mangá style that you couldn't die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom