Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Evo 2022 Starts NOW (E-Sports thread)

Which waifus will appear in EVO 2022 KoF XV's championship round? (choose up to 6)

• Elisabeth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Athena

• Yuri

• King

• Mai

• Luong

• Dolores

• Angel

• Whip

• Blue Mary

• Shermie

• Isla

• Total voters

Jason Liang

Arcane
EVO 2022 commences on August 5!

Dreamhack Dallas coverage later on today~

Combo Breaker 2022 KOF XV top 8 last weekend~

Last edited:

Lucumo

Educated
Will there be any good games this year? I don't think I've watched EVO in several years now. Last good ones were the ones with VF5, SSFIV AE 2012 Ver. (USFIV was a turd), KoF XIII, BB and SSBM. After that, good titles fell by the wayside and got replaced by American garbage titles. Previously decent/good series got shitty sequels and became unwatchable. Not to mention EVO went idiot mode when they did that cutting of the EVO Japan DoA stream.
Generally, I preferred the Japanese side of tournaments with Tougeki, when that was still around as well as simply watching regular tournaments like the New Year's Third Strike one (though, I didn't pay attention this year, whether it got cancelled like last year as well or not). Large-scale Kansai vs Kanto battles were always great too. And well, lots of possibilities to watch older, great games like KoF 98.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Will there be any good games this year? I don't think I've watched EVO in several years now. Last good ones were the ones with VF5, SSFIV AE 2012 Ver. (USFIV was a turd), KoF XIII, BB and SSBM. After that, good titles fell by the wayside and got replaced by American garbage titles. Previously decent/good series got shitty sequels and became unwatchable. Not to mention EVO went idiot mode when they did that cutting of the EVO Japan DoA stream.
Generally, I preferred the Japanese side of tournaments with Tougeki, when that was still around as well as simply watching regular tournaments like the New Year's Third Strike one (though, I didn't pay attention this year, whether it got cancelled like last year as well or not). Large-scale Kansai vs Kanto battles were always great too. And well, lots of possibilities to watch older, great games like KoF 98.
I mean, they are all good games. Other than SFV.

Lucumo

Educated
I mean, they are all good games. Other than SFV.
Saw you editing out "Smash". But well, that's a series, not a single game. And most of the series is meh, apart from SSBM being godlike, 64 being ok and Project M being what it is. Apparently not at EVO though, not that it matters.

Thought you would be providing a list, but apparently you did not, so I looked it up myself.

Evo 2022 Mainstage Lineup

• Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition

• Guilty Gear Strive

• Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate

• Tekken 7

• The King of Fighters 15

• Melty Blood: Type Lumina

• Dragon Ball FighterZ

• Granblue Fantasy: Versus

• Skullgirls: 2nd Encore

Nothing interesting there. Maybe Skullgirls: 2nd Encore, as the first game wasn't bad. Granblue Fantasy: Versus I don't know but it looks like a generic anime fighter...with a character with furry ears which is already a bad sign. Dragon Ball FighterZ was at least somewhat interesting in the beginning, but it got boring rather quickly. The new Melty Blood... disgusting. And I say that as someone that is still and has been playing Melty Blood casually for way over ten years now, starting with the first. KoF's characters started looking terrible with the transition to 3D characters. It looks like some kind of mobile game now which hurts, considering how much I like 98 but also some other titles. I still watch the highest level matches of 98 and it's awesome. Tekken was always meh but even more so with comeback mechanics. The only 3D series that is needed is VF with maybe an exception when it comes to gimmicks, like weapons in Soul Calibur. The newer Guilty Gears have been meh, Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R was peak. And Street Fighter is another series that declined. So yeah, nothing worthwhile to watch, except to maybe sneak a peek at Skullgirls.

Jason Liang

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/kof/comments/v8i3t4/icfc_asia_week_three_top_8_character_composition/

ICFC Asia Week Three Top 8 Character Composition Feat. ZJZ, M', ET, Abao, Lacid, Poongko, Leshar etc.
renderTimingPixel.png

Characters

4 Khronens

4 B. Jenets

4 Kulas

2 Chizurus

2 Gatos

2 Rocks

1 Whip

1 Yashiro

1 Meitenkun

1 Robert

1 Shermie

1 Ash

1 Benimaru

1 Yuri

1 Clark

Results

1. Leshar (Kula B. Jenet Khronen), (Rock B. Jenet Khronen)

2. Abao (Chizuru Gato B. Jenet)

3. WA Fish (Yuri Clark Khronen)

4. M' (Kula Gato Khronen)
T5. Lacid (Meitenkun Shermie Ash)

T5. ZJZ (Whip Chizuru B. Jenet), (Kula Chizuru B. Jenet)

T7. ET (B. Jenet Kula Yashiro), (Kula Rock Yashiro)

T7. Halyn (Robert Benimaru Khronen)

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
KoF Top 48 has started

Last chance to vote on the poll!

Top 8

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
ZJZ Bridget defeats E.T. 3-1 in Winner's final and is the EVO 2022 KoF XV Champion!

Both players used the same line-up of Kula, Khronen and B. Jenet.
E.T. seemed resigned that he can't overcome ZJZ's superior Kula and Khronen play. ZJZ's win felt inevitable and unfortunately emotionless, but I guess that's what happens when the game's online play is good enough for these two to play eachother on stream 30 times a day for the past four months.
Other waifus represented in the top 8 were Chizuru, Shermie, Elisabeth and Luong.

Best matches in the top 8:

ZJZ v Lacid. The best Kula player in the world rode her all the way to the championship.

Seis v Pako

Pretty shitty Evo tbh. The only moderately fun game to watch was DBZF, and I don't even play it. Strive is alright but the game's damage is tuned way too high, makes for a boring watch.

Everything else is stale as shit. Was more fun watching the community side tourneys like CvS2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom