Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Phantom Fury - road movie-inspired full 3D sequel to Ion Fury

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Wrath Aeon of Fury got better after demo parts - better be the case with this too..
I wouldn't bet on it. Reason being the context of this game, nu-3D Realms was acquired by Embracer back in 2021 and after those retards got scammed by some Saudi loser the great squeeze began to make shit profitable. Wrath might have had a professional team wrangle some quality shooting out of it in the third episode, after the original devs fucked off from that mess of a mismanaged project, but the game was very clearly rushed out the door and the axemen went in with zero fucks given, if they had the budget and time to cut out the first episode and start over they probably would have. I ran into parts of levels that weren't even textured.

All things considered it is a small miracle they didn't just shit out the minimum viable product. I'm not sure if Voidpoint were forced to release Aftershock before they felt it was done to feed the Embracer debt, but they managed to deliver the quality work they put out with the base game. Phantom Fury though?

It doesn't have the solid foundation of being a glorified Quake total conversion with worse enemies, zoomer movement and force powers strapped onto it that Wrath had. I played the PF demo and it's one of the worst shooters I've ever played, nothing to be rescued or salvaged there. Some of the most rushed and unfinished slavjank out there is far better than what was seen in the demo. They're going to rush this "retro" Unreal Engine slop out of the door no matter how foul it is because daddy Embracer need that cash injection and profitability, and there's no way the project will be given enough time and polish to make this turd shine.

randir14

Augur
Wrath Aeon of Fury got better after demo parts - better be the case with this too..
I wouldn't bet on it. Reason being the context of this game, nu-3D Realms was acquired by Embracer back in 2021 and after those retards got scammed by some Saudi loser the great squeeze began to make shit profitable. Wrath might have had a professional team wrangle some quality shooting out of it in the third episode, after the original devs fucked off from that mess of a mismanaged project, but the game was very clearly rushed out the door and the axemen went in with zero fucks given, if they had the budget and time to cut out the first episode and start over they probably would have. I ran into parts of levels that weren't even textured.

All things considered it is a small miracle they didn't just shit out the minimum viable product. I'm not sure if Voidpoint were forced to release Aftershock before they felt it was done to feed the Embracer debt, but they managed to deliver the quality work they put out with the base game. Phantom Fury though?

It doesn't have the solid foundation of being a glorified Quake total conversion with worse enemies, zoomer movement and force powers strapped onto it that Wrath had. I played the PF demo and it's one of the worst shooters I've ever played, nothing to be rescued or salvaged there. Some of the most rushed and unfinished slavjank out there is far better than what was seen in the demo. They're going to rush this "retro" Unreal Engine slop out of the door no matter how foul it is because daddy Embracer need that cash injection and profitability, and there's no way the project will be given enough time and polish to make this turd shine.
Embracer doesn't own them anymore, 3D Realms is owned by Saber Interactive who recently split from Embracer. But I agree it's probably going to be rushed. Their shills keep claiming "the game has improved dramatically since the demo", but not enough time has passed for me to believe that.

Fargus

Arcane
My favorite part is when you mark enemies with skulls and the game shoots them for you. Like in prestigious Ubisoft titles.

deuxhero

Arcane
That was in Ion Fury as special ability of revolver. Due to the delay (it's really slow to activate) and low damage of the weapon its attached to it was mainly useful for small enemies who were tiny/far away or you moving super fast in an open area.

Edit: The best comparison would be a lockon missile weapon. Getting the lock on is the "challenge" with the weapon (instead of conventional aiming) and rather than being able to dodge the physical missile the target can break line of sight to avoid it.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
In Ion Fury Loverboy altfire was pretty OP. Only weakness is it doesn't always work if your enemies are standing in a different room or in those large circular arena battles.
As for the sequel gameplay
Some new gameplay from the latest version of the game.

I dunno, i am not feeling it.

Fargus

Arcane
This showcase looks pretty poor and repetitive. Whatever that krogan shotgun is it gibs everything with lame red mist effect no matter where you shoot. And same does her fisting attack.

hajro

Arbiter
So what are the chances this is getting rushed out unfinished?

Fargus

Arcane
Cursed franchise. This is what you get for forcing a cunt version of Duke Nukem i say.

And these are the same devs that made Graven and Kingpin: "Reloaded" right? No wonder the shit was so half assed.

3drealms "redefining AAA" my ass lol

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://af.gog.com/game/phantom_fury?as=1649904300

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1733240/view/4178852863488391605

Phantom Fury - Out Now

The wait is over.

Phantom Fury, Slipgate Ironworks and 3D Realms' newest entry in the universe of Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison is out now!

About Phantom Fury
Several years after the events of Ion Fury, Shelly returns for an explosive new adventure. Now sporting a deadly bionic arm, Shelly embarks on a dangerous hunt to find the Demon Core — a lethal artifact with unfathomable destructive power. Stop at nothing to unearth every clue possible and prevent the artifact from falling into deadly hands.

Sprint through the streets of Chicago or kick up dust in Albuquerque on a rip-roaring road trip across the United States. With an arsenal of more than 20 weapons, mow down hordes of oncoming enemies in style. Fast-paced mechanics with retro inspirations meld together for a riveting FPS adventure.

Shelly’s bionic arm offers a range of combat abilities and enhancements, encouraging creative solutions to combat encounters against hellish cyborgs, grotesque mutants, and super-enhanced soldiers. Raise an impenetrable shield to prevent damage, or paralyze enemies with a shock-inducing melee attack. Alongside her bionic arm, Shelly can toggle between powerful weapons, including Ion Fury’s fan-favorite Loverboy Revolver, Motherflafkker shotgun, and more.

Engage in adrenaline-fueled sequences straight out of an action film. Charge through the skies in high-stakes helicopter showdowns, avoiding deadly fire and raining bombs down on foes. Take down vicious bosses, and do what it takes to reach the Demon Core. Prevent a cataclysmic event by preventing the enemy from getting their hands on the deadly artifact.

Phantom Fury is available now on PC for $24.99 with a 10% launch discount during the first week, with console versions available on May 30th this year.

Lemming42

Arcane
That's some pretty fair pricing, all things considered. I'm gonna give this a shot since I play most throwback shooters on mindless autopilot anyway, the shitness and jankiness just sort of washes over me like a comforting wave of warm bathwater.

Fargus

Arcane
02.jpg

03.jpg

IMG-8727.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/q7TghFMF/IMG-8728.jpg

kpkQGa7.jpeg

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
This retro/boomer/whatever fps situation is as bad as that time people pretended crpgs are back. But hey, at least there's butthurt.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Devs throwing feces but they tell gamers and customers to keep it civil?
I have some deja vu...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom