Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Peter Molyneux gives Fable 2 a 9/10

Texas Red

Whiner
I guess incredibly dumbed down games such as Fable can be charming like those movies about retards.

Xi

Arcane
kris said:
I can't agree. It lacked substance and you were stuck more or less on a rail worse than most bioware games. apart from the incredible easy combat there was not much to really do that didn't leave me empty. The aging that I would have loved as a feature was poorly done and not engaging at all. The world was pretty well visualised though.

I think it was the British accents and the Merlin esq narration. "Look! It's the Chicken Chaser!" Better than Patrick Stewart any day.

Dark Individual said:
I guess incredibly dumbed down games such as Fable can be charming like those movies about retards.

Which is exactly why I liked it. Game-play aside, it had a charm that made the entire 10 hour experience worth while.

Foamhead

Educated
Dark Individual said:
I guess incredibly dumbed down codexers such as Dark Individual can be charming like those movies about retards.

There that looks more accurate.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
thesheeep said:
This is obvious enough not to need arguments.
Seems to be a common excuse for parroting shit others have said around this place.

At least he didn't self rate it a 10 out of 10.

Which is exactly why I liked it. Game-play aside, it had a charm that made the entire 10 hour experience worth while.
I think you have a point here, but it makes me question if Mr. Molyneux is working with the right medium in that case. The game medium offers a lot of stuff beyond charm, which is important to exploit if you care to make good games.

Well Molyneux isn't the only one making the game, they've probably got some new people about that can help flesh things out.

LarsTheSurly

Scholar
sportforredneck said:
Well Molyneux isn't the only one making the game, they've probably got some new people about that can help flesh things out.

This is probably why he didn't "self-rate" the game as perfect. Other people touched it, so it's a little dirty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom