Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PC gaming vs. Console gaming in a nutshell

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks, you just reminded me how much I hate Quake 3. UT>>>>>>>>>Quake3

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Translation of the page:

Potato, potato, potato, vodka, potato, borsch

Multi-headed Cow

MetalCraze said:
Quake3 is not fast enough

UT is the real deal when it comes to speed.
This is the key to understanding Skyway.

MetalCraze said:
FatCat said:
more like. old vs new

More like console shit shooters always played like that.

Perfect Dark was not slow. I don't remember how good it was otherwise, but it's definitely not slow and definitely a better role model than it's shitty 2 gun camping spree successors.

Rogue

Educated
Preposterous! It is quite evident that the footage from the console was deliberately sped up during the editing process.

But why the bloody hell did I even bother to mention that? It's quite OBVIOUS that the whole thing is a fake. Show me ONE console player that goes so far from his spawn in multiplayer. I mean, come on. So FAKE.

0/10

Next time, if you want to compare PC and Console, don't make the console artificially better than it really is. PURE FILTH! I AM NOT AMUSED AND I AM NOW IN A BAD MOOD!

M_I_C_K_E_Y_M_O_U_S_E said:
Perfect Dark was not slow. I don't remember how good it was otherwise, but it's definitely not slow and definitely a better role model than it's shitty 2 gun camping spree successors.

Well, while you don't move mad slow in PD, it basically aims for you and the enemies take their sweet time aiming, and the split-screen multiplayer was pretty random if you think about it. It was a pretty good game though, good atmosphere and the missions seemed much more interesting back then than just go, shoot, kill. Don't know if that holds true anymore.

But check out Duke Nukem 64, it's not slow at all and certainly more worthwhile than DNF... I actually thought the control pattern used for it was pretty good for a console, four directional buttons for movement, stick for aiming and turning. It sure felt much better than the two-stick variant to me, plus you could much more easily press the two buttons located next to the directionals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYsdWqihaOU

Check out Disruptor on the PS1, I remember the shots moving mad slow so you could somehow dodge them : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--GQT1ibZFk doesn't look that shitty anymore :lol:

pipka

Savant
But armaii is even slower than cod.

Clicked on link, saw this, brought here:
rulez.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom