Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Don't play with any mods until EE is stable. Which means - until Owlcat Games release the first 2.1.* patch.

Don't listen to this gigantic asshat, A-Minish. Bubble Buff is so bugfree it might as well fix bugs. Toybox will do nothing on its own and you might in fact NEED it to fix bugs Owlcat added or re-added with the EE - but be careful with the settings.

1. I don't understand why a +1 weapon should bypass DR/Magic

:hahano:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope Putin sends the people responsible for this to a very cold gulag.
Trannies run the gulags in Current_Year*. Re-run of the Late Ming where eunuchs terrorized the populace with impunity.

Putin is a Kissinger protégé. He's a lib, and not the only one figuring out that the Poz may not have been such a good idea after all. But libs consider (probably correctly) gulags to be bad for business.

* - literally. Pritzker and Levine wield immense power, both formal and informal, and they're not alone.

Desiderius

Patron
Putin is a Kissinger protégé. He's a lib

brain hurts when codex too much

i log off for sniff glue make brain better
That's the cognitive dissonance. I get the same feeling when Daidre pwns me. Then it goes away and I figure out he's right and then I'm a better player.

World's relying on you guys sucking less on the geopolitics. Putin's successor (likely Shoigu) will be less West-facing. To the East you've got economies orders of magnitude larger than they were during the Cold War you're stuck in. They want Putin out and they're using their Western(sic) media properties/economic pull to make it happen. Not just China. Don't sleep on (Greater) India. It was an Indian who took down Damore and Trump (Twitter ban) and now you've got one as UK PM, where NATO/Atlantic Council does most of their undemocratic heavy lifting.

H1Bs (not so) slowly turning West into Indian Raj. A lot of non-Indians in positions of power wouldn't mind bringing Caste here either.

Last edited:

zapotec

Liturgist
I am playing Icewind dale after 5 years, and it's thousand times better than this crap. It's fun!

Desiderius

Patron
Last edited:

user

Savant
I can attest to that, Indians are taking over youtube tutorials and none can understand what they are saying, effectively conquering the west without lifting a hand, genius.
Are you feeling well Grunker?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can attest to that, Indians are taking over youtube tutorials and none can understand what they are saying, effectively conquering the west without lifting a hand, genious.

Now that's convincing evidence

Are you feeling well Grunker?

Bit knackered to be quite honest. Five more days till the election and the return of the concept known as "spare time" (AND THEREFORE: WOTR!) :sleepy:

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Hope to God you win, brother.

Indians are no joke. The Indo- comes first in Indo-European for a reason. Maybe Schiklgruber just had the wrong Aryans.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
lol, remember the trickery sound bug they fixed? I have it right now

Lilitu in Sacred Lands is bugged and attacks no matter what option I choose.

Bubble Buff is so bugfree it might as well fix bugs. Toybox will do nothing on its own and you might in fact NEED it to fix bugs Owlcat added or re-added with the EE - but be careful with the settings.
Indeed.

P.S.: If only the Codex had better search capabilities.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Bubble Buff is so bugfree it might as well fix bugs. Toybox will do nothing on its own and you might in fact NEED it to fix bugs Owlcat added or re-added with the EE - but be careful with the settings.
Indeed.

You realize both of these bugs are vanilla, right? Of course you don't, you're an imbecile

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Indeed.

You realize both of these bugs are vanilla, right?
You realize that it might be enough to have a mod installed to modify the program's memory?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Indeed.

You realize both of these bugs are vanilla, right?
You realize that it might be enough to have a mod installed to modify the program's memory?
Yeah it's called Pathfinder: Wrath of the righteous. It's a mod of the game Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does the lesbian orc paladin and her bulldyke "wife" die eventually? Can you get them to die?

I fucking hate this kind of in your face shit. And from a russian studio no less. Even worse than the "ORKED!" bissexual elf in an open relationship from the previous game. At least vou could leave those two annoying degenerates to die or kick them out of your party.

I hope Putin sends the people responsible for this to a very cold gulag.
The first act of the game was penned by a known American feminist with issues. The characters you mentioned take a backseat for the rest of the game. And yes, you can even bring forth their demise, or even better, humiliate them thoroughly.

Desiderius

Patron
Wolj8 open vs Hard Shiv.jpg

Open with Haste Wand (buy from Wolj) on party and Invis + Extended True Strike on Wolj. Looks like accidently started fight early by alerting Incubi. They aren't a real threat on Hard so Wolj and Seelah ran by while Wend takes out trash. I've started fight with Summon from Invis Cam to distract Incubi on Unfair followed by Dooring party in to Shiv. Don't want to let him flank.

Scion8 Intimidate vs Hard Shiv.jpg

Scion is only one with Shatter at this point. His high Intimidate is nice vs bosses just to lower saves/AB, but will also turn on Shatter for team soon.

SeelahTank8 vs Hard Shiv.jpg

Can see Divine Weapon Bond and Smite AB bonus making up for most of defensive AB maluses. Crusader's Edge will give another +2 soon. Can also give Scimitar Keen with Bond and crit fish with Bless Weapon against impossible AC to trigger Outflank AoOs.

Daeran8 vs HardShiv.jpg

Daeran not doing much damage yet but respectable AB with Weapon Finesse. Mount has Outflank but not Daeran yet. Mithril Heavy Shield only weighs 4 lbs so goes well with Rapier. Chain of Comradery is Mithril as well so with Belt from Shiv he can equip both. Eventually will have Mythic Finesse and Ever Ready to take advantage of Wolf Trips from Mount (along with some Divine self-buffs but DEX-based means no Righteous Might/Frightful and Alignment doesn't work with Eaglesoul). A lot of ways to go and not enough Feats/Mythics to get there so will see. Prayer + full Barkskin + Mount + high Channeling already pretty solid.

Wolj8 finishing off Hard Shiv.jpg

Wolj finishes Shiv off before Seelah gets a chance to see how well she tanks his hits*. Debilitating gets another -2 AC at lvl 10 and another -2 at level 16 so combined with Shatter (and things like Displacement/Greater Invis/Edge) along with good debuffs Wolj can be a consistent hitter throughout the game. Note Protection from Arrows now cancelling Vinetrap damage. Random DR kicks in before damage doubling on Unfair so worth noting.

Shiv Cave Perception check.jpg

Don't forget to check the table after you're done.

* - Seelah tanking a random monster encounter on way back to camp:

Seelah8 tanking w 46AC.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Seelah Guardian of Life.jpg

Guardian of Life Amulet on Seelah plays a similar role that Giantslayer Clasp did tanking Trobold on Harrim in P:K. Those marginal stacking +2 AC sources (Morale AC is rare) make a big difference when you're getting close to beating ABs by 20. Bracers of Rough Landing likewise provide +2 Competence AC (along with AB/dam) vs Flying opponents like Gargs. Not using Combat Expertise or Fighting Defensively here so that extra +2 AC keeps her safe.

Seelah 8 Death Ward vs Harm.jpg

The Death Ward required to turn on the Guardian bonus also pays some big dividends. Here immunity to Harm.

Seelah 8 Death Ward Morale bonus to Fort save Slay living.jpg

Here +4 Save vs Slay Living. Obv of course also immunity to level draining Gazes like Nulk's.

Seelah 8 tanking undead.jpg

Ghoul Rogues can do a lot of damage if they get you flanked, but here Seelah is keeping team safe so Wenduag can slay with Cleaving Shot.

Seelah 8 high Will Save.jpg

She's also highly resistant to other random spells. Note: Bubble Buff makes it easy to get Guidance cantrip up before each fight on team.

CamNenio 8 Cause Fear Rainbow Pattern combo.jpg

Cam doesn't really have very good first level spells but Cause Fear is Shaken even on made save vs Gargs which are 5HD other than Clerics. Here Cam gets the straggler in the top left Shaken and Nenio Fascinates all ambushing Gargs with Rainbow Pattern. Scare is same effect AoE 30 ft enemies only if you've got Second Spirit Nature on Daeran to handle the Barkskins.

Ranged Cam with Bane Detainer.jpg

If you've got a melee heavy party Cam can go ranged with Detainer xBow to good effect with her weapon enchanting (to make crit range 17-20 as can be seen here) and Bane Enemy that turns on at lvl 8. The Slow effect means that foes pushed away take awhile to get back to the action.

Scion 8 using DRMagic vs Gargs.jpg
DR/5 Magic Shield from Houndhearts camp really cuts down on damage from regular Gargs. Functionally DR/10 on Unfair.

Mythic Shatter.jpg

We'll see how well Mythic Shatter from TTT works. TTT uses PnP rules to turn on Shatter (have to hit something Shaken at full AC first to apply it) so it's only fair. Would be hard to fit Shatter Feats in on Seelah/Daeran/Wend otherwise.

Nenio 8 Blinding Huntmaster.jpg

Don't overlook Nenio's Blinding Ray to give her a viable alternative action economy to save casts for tougher fights. Huntmasters make a good target, especially if you can catch them flat-footed. Use her second ability to make her invisible for an additional +2 AB or to catch things that can't see her flat-footed later in the fight.

Nenio 8 Blinding Ray vs Rathimus.jpg

Even some bosses are vulnerable and it's no save.

Wend Slayer 8 big hit against Rathimus Cleaving.jpg

Nenio's Blind leaves Rathimus a sitting duck for Wend. Whether Slayer or Fighter on Wend or ZA on Lann, using you party to set up big Cleaving Shots is a winning strategy.

Wend 8 vs Succubus.jpg

She's also a good home for extra AB bonuses (here Bracers of Rough Landing, which will go on Seelah for extra AC to tank Devarra once Wend gets Bracers of Archery) to take out dangerous targets.

Immortal Daeran.jpg

Somehow Daeran gained immortality for this fight, and a good thing too because it took a few turns for Daeran's Mount and Seelah to beat some tough RNG and take down Nulk. Rest of party got held before they could do anything after triggering fight early.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
My current Vivisectionist Demon is probably the strongest MC I've made so far.

At least, during this point in the game. Problem is, at level 10, I don't see him getting substantially more powerful as I progress, so he may have peaked early and I'm about to ride the plateau from now on. The idea was to get STR sky-high, then get as many ApR with Natural Weapons as possible with Sneak Attack thrown in the mix for ridiculous per-round damage. Worked really well so far (I never decapitated 3 full-HP Demons with a single Full Attack before), but it might get less impressive later on.

Right now, fully buffed, I'm looking at 8 ApR, all of them made with either Full AB or only a -5 penalty, so pretty sweet, specially when I can get Sneak Attacks off (which is something like 40-50 damage per hit, it just melts everything at this point). But either I'm missing one ApR, or I suck at math:

2 Claw attacks from either Feral Mutagen or Demon Claws (not sure which takes precedence, but they certainly don't stack, much to my great disappointment) +1 Bite from the Mutagen + 1 Bite Attack from Motherless Tiefling + 1 more from Haste + 1 Gore from "Closer to the Abyss" + 1 Gore from Skald Mercenary Inspire Rage (Fiend Totem) + 1 Bite from also Inspire Rage (Animal Fury) is devastating to everything combined with +10 STR + Mythic Power Attack + 7d6 Sneak Attack damage per hit.

But, like I said, this stage does seem like a bit of a "plateau" right now because all I can do is stack more Sneak Attack damage and AB. AFAIK, Claws stay as 2 ApR regardless of your BAB and the only additional Natural Attack I could add that I already haven't would be the Bite from Dragon Disciple.

If anyone knows how to get more, I'm all ears.

Desiderius

Patron

At least, during this point in the game. Problem is, at level 10, I don't see him getting substantially more powerful as I progress, so he may have peaked early and I'm about to ride the plateau from now on. The idea was to get STR sky-high, then get as many ApR with Natural Weapons as possible with Sneak Attack thrown in the mix for ridiculous per-round damage. Worked really well so far (I never decapitated 3 full-HP Demons with a single Full Attack before), but it might get less impressive later on.

Right now, fully buffed, I'm looking at 8 ApR, all of them made with either Full AB or only a -5 penalty, so pretty sweet, specially when I can get Sneak Attacks off (which is something like 40-50 damage per hit, it just melts everything at this point). But either I'm missing one ApR, or I suck at math:

2 Claw attacks from either Feral Mutagen or Demon Claws (not sure which takes precedence, but they certainly don't stack, much to my great disappointment) +1 Bite from the Mutagen + 1 Bite Attack from Motherless Tiefling + 1 more from Haste + 1 Gore from "Closer to the Abyss" + 1 Gore from Skald Mercenary Inspire Rage (Fiend Totem) + 1 Bite from also Inspire Rage (Animal Fury) is devastating to everything combined with +10 STR + Mythic Power Attack + 7d6 Sneak Attack damage per hit.

But, like I said, this stage does seem like a bit of a "plateau" right now because all I can do is stack more Sneak Attack damage and AB. AFAIK, Claws stay as 2 ApR regardless of your BAB and the only additional Natural Attack I could add that I already haven't would be the Bite from Dragon Disciple.

You get Greater Mutagen at lvl 12 and Grand at 16, plus Advanced Rogue Talents which give you several good options. You should also be able to get Legendary Proportions up soon.

More attacks don't really do much since they only fire on full attacks and if you're getting full attacks most things are already dead unless you're soloing. Watch your combat log to see how often the last attack you already have shows up.

You've also got some decent spells at lvl 4 and 6. Might be worth investing in Extend Metamagic to give you more options at lvl 5 or just spam Stoneskin, Communal.

Lambach

Arcane
You get Greater Mutagen at lvl 12 and Grand at 16, plus Advanced Rogue Talents which give you several good options. You should also be able to get Legendary Proportions up soon.

More attacks don't really do much since they only fire on full attacks and if you're getting full attacks most things are already dead unless you're soloing. Watch your combat log to see how often the last attack you already have shows up.

You've also got some decent spells at lvl 4 and 6. Might be worth investing in Extend Metamagic to give you more options at lvl 5 or just spam Stoneskin, Communal.

All of that's true, very few things (mostly just the boss-type ones) can survive one Full Attack from my fully buffed MC if he's in the position to get Sneak Attacks off. But I wanted to see how high I can stack ApR, and it looks like 9 is the limit*, unless someone knows of other ways to stack 'em that I didn't mention in my previous post.

*I'm actually a little confused about how Claws work. It looks like, if you're Unarmed, both Feral Mutagen and Demon Claws give you 2 Full AB ApR, but never go above that, regardless of your BAB (so you won't get a third attack with them at +11 BAB, e.g.). But it also doesn't look like you get to make any additional Attacks with "Unarmed" that you normally would be able to with a high enough BAB (+11 or +16), so they actually limit your ApR past a certain Level.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

All of that's true, very few things (mostly just the boss-type ones) can survive one Full Attack from my fully buffed MC if he's in the position to get Sneak Attacks off. But I wanted to see how high I can stack ApR, and it looks like 9 is the limit*, unless someone knows of other ways to stack 'em that I didn't mention in my previous post.

*I'm actually a little confused about how Claws work. It looks like, if you're Unarmed, both Feral Mutagen and Demon Claws give you 2 Full AB ApR, but never go above that, regardless of your BAB (so you won't get a third attack with them at +11 BAB, e.g.). But it also doesn't look like you get to make any additional Attacks with "Unarmed" that you normally would be able to with a high enough BAB (+11 or +16), so they actually limit your ApR past a certain Level.

There's also the Triple Fin Helmet in Blackwater that adds +1 Gore attack.

But I'd not use the Fiend Totem on your Skald. I'd get Greater Beast Totem ASAP for the Pounce...
And yes, large damage additions could be achieved with Pounce Charges - Mythic Charge, Aspect of Schir (or maybe Kalavakus), later Boots of Stampede.

Might consider getting TTT if you haven't already - as that would offer Long Arm buff and Lunge feat for increased reach (on the other hand, could nerf the Charge procs).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Yep. I haven't played the last 5 or 6 days because things have gotten busy on the campaign trail, but I can definetely confirm as regards the Demon ApR nat attack thing:

"That's no meme! That's a build!"

Clear strongest character in my party even sans the mythics. And fun too.

The first thing you'd do if you wanted to make it stronger is to use a weapon instead of Claws - it's an improvement on almost every level (just don't use a Reach weapon for obvious reasons). But hey, Claws go brrrrrrr

I assume you took at peek at me and Daidre's combined effort here? :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16qq--FuBKw86vLMhPajQMr8ij5zAvsSN4n1rsrcaTR8/edit?usp=sharing

From a quick glance, you're missing bites from Wolf-Scarred, Serpentine Bloodline and DD - but those are harder to get with your build, which is more streamlined than mine.

There's a fairly exhaustive list of naturals here: https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/guides/Natural_Attacks

EDIT: Also if you bring Ember, she can give you a Bite with one of the Major Hexes for a long duration (in fact, she can give this to the entire party).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom