Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Paper Sorcerer Released on Steam

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Paper Sorcerer; UltraRunawayGames

Oldschool Wizardry-4 like dungeon crawler Paper Sorcerer has been released on Steam today after having been greenlit earlier.

Paper Sorcerer is a stylish single player turn based RPG focused on strategy, party-building, and environmental puzzles. Fight with the skills and spells you've learned in a battle system that emphasizes strategy over grinding. Assemble a party of monsters and dark creatures to fight alongside you. Explore and solve environmental puzzles to unlock secret paths and find extra loot! A double-sided adventure, an RPG with adventure game elements.

Initial Steam release is for PC, Mac and Linux are in the works. If you'd like to play it on Mac or Linux right away, you can pick it up on the website ultrarunaway.com, and we'll send you a Steam key later.

Save files from the demo transfer to the full version!​

No reason not to buy this one if you enjoy blobbers.

Thanks V_K!

shadow9d9

Learned
game starts off cute, but gets super repetitive. The challenge is non existent until you hit the final 2 levels, where the difficulty comes from having your entire party put to sleep. The final boss did not even attack me once. The levels are often 2 seconds long...Tiny and repetitive.

Additionally, there are a whole bunch of spelling errors that make the gamelooks sloppy and the designer never even bothered responding to my bug reports.

Alchemist

Arcane
Bought this already, do I get a free Steamkey? I need to take my Steamwhoredom to a new level.
In his newsletter and on the KS update - the dev said all backers and buyers will get Steam keys. He just needs a bit of time to figure out the best way to do it.

Themadcow

Augur
I was pleasantly surprised by this game. It's either a decent throwback to the Wizardry 4/5 (with a dash of 6) for the oldskool blobber fan, or a great entry into the genre for the uninitiated. Some interesting game design choices are what makes it in some cases: Playing an 'evil' character, summoned rather than created party and the rather excellent energy system which really adds an interesting dynamic to the combat. On the downside: Puzzles are a little too easy / samey for the first half, dungeon layout is a little uninspired and gear progression is very inconsistent (with random drops in the optional dungeons far superior to boss drops in the main story).

For the money I paid it was excellent value though and I'd highly recommend it for blobber fans.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just finished this game after 25 hours on Hard. I went back to previous levels to search for items I missed, solve puzzles I couldn't get before, and to grind in the catacombs for some loot and levels. I didn't use a walkthrough, but I think I solved most of the puzzles. I never completed the one with the various keys, but i came close I think. I finished up with a Vampire, Witch, and Abomination in my main party and a Ghost, Goblin, and Puppet in support. This was a fantastic game, and a very good deal at $5. I think the playing around with the large amount of party configurations is its biggest selling point. I'm working on a review for it right now that should be up soon.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I finished it a couple days ago, 22 hours on Hard difficulty. Exploration was so much fun, and my party with Witch, Ghost and Werewolf worked pretty well, only having a companion die in combat twice. I'm gonna go back to it eventually and try the next difficulty, get a couple secrets I missed (hopefully the level 10 door bug will be fixed), and also get the Puppet. This game is seriously amazing and a great deal for only $5. :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom