Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Othercell - An indie, old-school, turn-based RPG

Alieno Hat

Arcane
Developer
YfEa2Hsg.png

Hello, RPG Codex. I'm new here! I'm an indie developer who has been working on Othercell for quite some time. Now that the game has a demo, I wanted people to try and to know their opinions. I heard this was a good place to let people know about it and that you give good judgement, so here I am.

Othercell is an old-school, turn-based RPG where you can make your enemies join your group by "linking" with them. That allows you to make stronger teams needed to defeat tougher foes. Each ally comes with their own stats and skills, but you should be careful as many of them have weaknesses to certain elements, and some enemies will notice that.
The game focuses a lot on story and character relationships too, so if you're into older RPGs with lots of dialogue and cutscenes, then this game might be for you.

Now, I'm not gonna go too deep into the game as I'd like you guys to try it yourselves, so I'll just leave a few links to the game's pages so you can download it. The demo is currently only available on Windows.
Itch.io: https://alienohat.itch.io/othercell
Gamejolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/OTHERCELL/409058
IndieDB: https://www.indiedb.com/games/othercell/downloads/othercell-demo

(If you're planning on playing, make sure you pay attention to the yellow messages in the game as they provide useful information on how to play. ALSO I'M SO SORRY IF SOME DIALOGUE SEEMS A BIT AKWARD, MY ENGLISH IS STILL NOT TOO GREAT LMAO)

This is my first serious project, and one day, if it gets popular enough, I'd like to start a Kickstarter campaign for it, so it can become a full thing(it'd be biiiig). I'll be very busy with work soon, and I'll need to help my siblings, so things will go slow for the game and if there are bugs I might not be able to fix them immediatly, but I'll sure as hell be listening to your feedback!

X68hhET.png

wYyEA94.png

Z0YUpi4.png

HLZPQUV.png

You can follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlienoHat
And if you feel like it, you could share the game with whoever you want, it really helps me! Thanks for reading!

Nostaljaded

Savant
Please change the font for Combat Screen/HP&SP line to something more legible, like those used in Party Screen.

6rcsbjh.png

PnfOdfD.png

Alieno Hat

Arcane
Developer
Huh. Never had a problem with it, but I can see why others would. I'll try to fix it as soon as I can. Thank you!

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Maybe you should be a bit more consistent with the graphics style (pixel art/hi-res, fonts, etc...), but I should see it in action to judge better...

Alieno Hat

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, others said the same, but they didn't seem to have an issue with it after playing! :)

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
First off, they clash hardcore with the way everything else looks. Secondly they look....generic.....at best. Then again I fucking hate that style so there's that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom