Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Ordos need a spy

vota DC

Augur
Why there isn't an Ordos Spy? Lore says that Ordos are specialized in espionage and terrorism.
In Dune 2 they have the saboteur.
In Dune 2000 they have the saboteur.
In Emperor Battle for Dune they can spam saboteurs.
Ok terrorism Is covered, where Is espionage? They are Ordos not Ordullah.

Dune 2000 Is after Red Alert that invented Spy units in RTS but Dune games never had them. Spice Wars (that lack Ordos) had them and they work like those browser games, they aren't even on the map unlike civilization Spy!

Emperor Battle for Dune have funny missions with Ordos using gholas, but gameplay wise in the regular match there Is nothing about them disguising as enemy units.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
I miss their Deviator from Dune II. Such a fun troll unit in multiplayer games. My friend used to get so angry and frustrated at me, good times.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Emperor was developed by a different company around the same time as Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. While it shares a lot of mechanics in common and has some unique ones for the time (like the territory map, rapport with subhouses), it doesn't reflect all the innovations happening in the games. I would totally love to see an Emperor II, or at least the old games preserved on GOG. Unfortunately, the Herbert Estate said "old should stay old" when GOG asked them for the license. While profiting off the legacy of a 1960s scifi book written by a dead guy, and publishing badly written (and excessively gruesome) fanfiction of said book as official sequels and prequels to cash in on the brand name.

Fortunately, Russian developers have picked up the torch!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom