Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OMFG: or Unreal on vista

Secretninja

Cipher
A forwarning, I am drunk atm.

Ok, I convinced my parents to get me Unreal when the game came out for my birthday. I bought the expansion when it came out with my meager allowance. I bought Unreal gold for 9.99 when I saw it and felt like buying it for replay. WHY THE FUCK CAN I NOT DOWNLOAD A TORRENT OF UNREAL GOLD NOW AND PLAY IT. I do not want to pay 9.99 again to fucking GOG or the pile of fucking horseshit that is steam to be able to play unreal again. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT COCKSUCKING CUNTS.

Does anyone have experience playing unreal on a vista machine? My extra hard drive (and associated linux or xp dual boot bliss, havent decided yet) should arrive tomorrow, but why the fuck can I not play a game that I have payed or convinced others to pay over 100 american dollars (the only real currency in the world)??????????

Secretninja

Cipher
Thanks for the attempted help, but I can't figure out wtf to do with the shit you linked drog. It just dies after attempting to start. I will probably break down tomorrow and pay another 9.99 for the gog version, and hope that works.

bhlaab

Erudite
I had a problem running Unreal on a modern machine the problem was that unreal is a piece of shit

DraQ

Arcane
Secretninja said:
Ok, I convinced my parents to get me Unreal when the game came out for my birthday. I bought the expansion when it came out with my meager allowance. I bought Unreal gold for 9.99 when I saw it and felt like buying it for replay. WHY THE FUCK CAN I NOT DOWNLOAD A TORRENT OF UNREAL GOLD NOW AND PLAY IT. I do not want to pay 9.99 again to fucking GOG or the pile of fucking horseshit that is steam to be able to play unreal again. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT COCKSUCKING CUNTS.

Does anyone have experience playing unreal on a vista machine? My extra hard drive (and associated linux or xp dual boot bliss, havent decided yet) should arrive tomorrow, but why the fuck can I not play a game that I have payed or convinced others to pay over 100 american dollars (the only real currency in the world)??????????
1. Ever thought about actually keeping the game you could possibly want to replay, or is this kind of thinking in advance too complex for your nigger* brain?

2. Gold is shit incompatible with pretty much everything, get the real thing.

3. Download the newest patch from oldunreal, it's from 2009 so I assume it will work on current systems.

4. Vista? :smug: I'm sorry, I don't speak idiotese. :cool:

*) :rpgcodex: humour.

bhlaab said:
I had a problem running Unreal on a modern machine the problem was that unreal is a piece of shit
Given the sheer amount of substance in your post it would be disrespectful to not reply in a similar vein:

You are a complete, incurable moron. :smug:

Tails

Arbiter
I have *similar* thoughts about Earth 2140. I have some kind of Gold version that won't work on Windows XP and TopWare Interactive didn't provide any patch for this issue. Suddenly, I see that GoG has Earth 2140 working under XP, thought I'm not sure if they are using Dosbox... Overall I feel a bit swindled.

Tails

Arbiter
The fix didn't work me for some reason, all I had was black screen under Win XP SP2. But
heck, I just found a working version on Underground Gamer. Lovely site.

spekkio

Arcane
Skyway said:
Polish soldiers raped my grandma's goat in 1924, let's flame everything polish now!
2qs2z2o.jpg

You go, ukrainian girl! Show 'em!

307q63d.jpg

We truly and deeply care! Nya!

Also:

2em0k6r.jpg

Share ratio 0.41? Seasoned UG user right here. Moar like
10xd2xx.gif
amirite?

Tails

Arbiter
spekkio said:
10xd2xx.gif
amirite?
Heh, it's not easy to keep up high ratio when you download something else then console related stuff, just saying.

spekkio

Arcane
Tails said:
Heh, it's not easy to keep up high ratio when you download something else then console related stuff.

I don't have such problems and I'm not even 1% as bitchy hardcore as Skyway...

15x3349.jpg

ever

Scholar
Tails said:
spekkio said:
10xd2xx.gif
amirite?
Heh, it's not easy to keep up high ratio when you download something else then console related stuff, just saying.
Very True, I have an 80gb seed base developed from multiple accounts on UG, I STILL find it hard to maintain a good ratio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom