Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion too complex for casual gamer acording to gamersinfo

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I now know what TES V will be like!

+ Choose from two action packed classes!
* Mage
* Fighter

+ 4 amazing and rich skills to choose from!
* Weapon (this is all you need to use anything but spears)
* Physical (replaces acrobatics and athletics)
* Magical (replaces all of the magic skills)
* Misc. (replaces all the other skills)

+ An exciting new dialogue system!
* When you talk to an NPC, no interaction is required
it will just say what it's supposed to without subtitles 'cause reading is BORING.
* No more need for pie minigames. All NPCs that aren't enemies like you.

+ All new immersive fast travel system
* Fast travel to any location anywhere no matter what! You don't even have to visit it first. Besides, who likes walking anyway.

AND MUCH MORE!!!

franc kaos

Liturgist
OccupatedVoid said:
I now know what TES V will be like!

More like:

Classes: Fighter, mage or thief.

Skillz: Fighting, magical and bow. (because they must balance)

Starsign: Fighter, mage or thief.

All conversations are cutscenes, as are the traveling sections. (get the quest and instantly transport to where you need to be - none of that tedious mucking about walking or having to choose what to ask about).

No mounted combat, no spears (no one missed them in Oblivion anyway), no confusing choices what to do next, no thinking required - just manual dexterity with a joypad; and no mouse support, our audience don't use them.

Fighting, lots of fighting, and more fighting. The difficulty levels are thus: Fighter - easy, mage - slightly less easy and thief - not as easy as the first two. Great replayability!

No confusing storyline (we have no writers) and no books, which no one read in Oblivion anyway, just kill the evil snafu invading the land and become king.

What we do have is fantastic graphics which will make your eyes bleed - tho' we still haven't managed to incoporate location damage or deformable scenery as the game is an RPG... no really, it is, honest!

EDIT: Just like to point out I still have Oblivion on my hard disk, and still dip my toe in once in a while, at least until Gothic3 comes out...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
franc kaos said:
and no books, which no one read in Oblivion anyway
I never read them in Morrowind either. I mean, there were a few I ended up reading particularly if I started and found one that was interesting but most I opened, looked at to see if there was a skill boost and then dropped.

Not that I'm saying they should be removed mind you. I think they add an element for those that enjoy them but I only ever found a fifth that were actually entertaining reading and not just some shlock story.

GreatGreen

Novice
Wow... that article... You know, if you "only have time for 10 minutes" of entertainment, the RPG genre just isn't for you. Then again, neither are movies, television shows, books (how much can you get out of a story when it's read 10 minutes at a time), or anything else for that matter.

What a retard. Maybe that reviewer should just stick with Pong, Tetris, Snood, or any other of a gazillions of games that are designed for 3 minute play intervals...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom