Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN premium modules?

ElectricOtter

I remember playing one a while back, when they were first released. I thought it was pretty good, but I don't know much beyond that. So, what's the Codex opinion on these guys? Any worth reinstalling NWN for?

Multi-headed Cow

I bought and played Infinite Dungeons, because I was overwhelmed with nostalgia for Dungeon Hack and for some reason thought ID would let me relive it. It didn't, but it wasn't entirely terrible.

None of them are worth reinstalling nwn for, but since you're set on it:

- Witch's Wake has a great atmosphere, but it's unfinished. Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and Darkness over Daggerford are meatier.

Multi-headed Cow

Featuring tasteful rape within minutes of launching the module!

grotsnik

Arcane
Gragt said:
Then there is always the abominable A Dance With Rogues.

I'm pretty sure that most disturbing of date-sims wasn't actually a premium mod, though.

I seem to remember there was a quite decent-sized one (something to do with a mask) - same old goblins and undead stuff, but it had an entertaining quest structure (you were trying to butter people up to win an election...there may even have been a 'time limit' of sorts). Plus the companions were a cut above the Bionorm. A funny were-rat who had to keep restraining his hunger for human flesh, for instance.

Witch's Wake was unfinished. Shadowguard had a nice set-up in an Oriental-style, golem-manufacturing city, and then it ended just as the story was supposed to be getting going. In fact, I don't remember any of them being *bad* compared to OC/SOTU in atmospheric terms...but I don't remember any of them really being satisfying experiences, either.

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
I couldn't tell if they were bad because they were all like 10% finished.

Infinite Dungeons was good for what it was.

Erebus

Arcane
Witch's Wake is inventive, but too short and unfinished. Daggers over Daggerford is much larger, but completely uninspired.

LameNinja

Novice
grotsnik said:
Gragt said:
I seem to remember there was a quite decent-sized one (something to do with a mask) - same old goblins and undead stuff, but it had an entertaining quest structure (you were trying to butter people up to win an election...there may even have been a 'time limit' of sorts). Plus the companions were a cut above the Bionorm. A funny were-rat who had to keep restraining his hunger for human flesh, for instance.

It's called Kingmaker. Some quests had multiple solutions, and there isn't much filler combat.

Witch's Wake is good but it is an hour long and it finishes right when things start to get interesting.

Haven't tried any of the others but i have heard that Daggers over Daggerford and the one about pirates are decent.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
LameNinja said:
Haven't tried any of the others but i have heard that Daggers over Daggerford and the one about pirates are decent.
Darkness Over Daggerford and Pirates of the Sword Coast are the best ones, really, if you don't count the unfinished ones (WW, Shadowguard and Wyvern Crown - yes it has an ending, but it was clearly released in an unfinished state). Kingmaker is OK, multiple solutions are nice but the module is pretty boring.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Daggerford is worth a play. It's big, well-made, very well-polished and has plenty of content to sink your teeth into. It's also, imo, utterly soulless and boring as hell, but that's pretty subjective. It's free, give it a go.

Never managed to justify paying for any of the other premium modules when there are so many free user-made ones. It'd have to be something pretty special, and none of them really seemed to be. Witch's Wake was cool, though, I played the old non-remastered version which I think is pulled now that the remake is out.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
8 YEAR OLD GAME BEING DISCUSSED ON cODEX DESPITE BEING HATED. l0l

ElectricOtter

Thanks guys, I think I'll give that Daggerford one a try and maybe Witches Wake.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Gragt said:

This is the same mod that Volourn was making? Doing a Google search of "A Dance With Rogues" + Volourn doesn't bring good results.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
8 YEAR OLD GAME BEING DISCUSSED ON cODEX DESPITE BEING HATED. l0l
I don't hate it. :smug: Although I think the OC is mediocre, but the multiplayer and the user made mods make up for it a thousand times. And the expansions are not bad either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom