Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 announced for PC/PS4/XBO

cruel

Cipher
Both games are great and worth playing.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

So this is at its deepest discount yet:

Worth it if you're on the fence despite enjoying automata?

It is not like Automata at all. I mean, it is, but at the same time it isn't. It's part of the old Taro way of doing things. Gameplay is bad both on purpose and because they didn't have the guys who could pull it off (like Platinum with Automata). The story and characters are much more engaging though.

Squeenix games are always hilarious overpriced. 50% discount is like regular price. I'd pay half of what it's going for now.

Elthosian

Arcane
Bros, I had never felt this betrayed in a while. Just got this gem from Japan and planned to chill playing it on the PS4 I got for Bloodborne:

GzZRFaP.jpg

Turns out the Sony motherfuckers intentionally made the PS4 not compatible with CDs. What in tarnation? Times are dark, indeed.

Puukko

Arcane
Bros, I had never felt this betrayed in a while. Just got this gem from Japan and planned to chill playing it on the PS4 I got for Bloodborne:

GzZRFaP.jpg

Turns out the Sony motherfuckers intentionally made the PS4 not compatible with CDs. What in tarnation? Times are dark, indeed.

I wouldn't have guessed the situation to be this dire.

Can you take a pic of the tracklist?
Didn't bother unwrapping it after discovering the PS4 thing but the tracklist is here: https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/nier/replicantv1ost/en/ 45 songs total, not bad.
Interesting. The OG soundtrack had two discs only, although they altered almost every track for the rerelease.
Edit: The OG release had 43 songs too. I'll look up some version that has it. Internet Archive has a lot of Nier-related soundtracks for both the original game and Automata, btw. I haven't found the version of Kainé's theme that has the strings and the vocals. Only the one with the strings.

Elthosian

Arcane
Can you take a pic of the tracklist?
Didn't bother unwrapping it after discovering the PS4 thing but the tracklist is here: https://www.jp.square-enix.com/music/sem/page/nier/replicantv1ost/en/ 45 songs total, not bad.
Interesting. The OG soundtrack had two discs only, although they altered almost every track for the rerelease.
Edit: The OG release had 43 songs too. I'll look up some version that has it. Internet Archive has a lot of Nier-related soundtracks for both the original game and Automata, btw. I haven't found the version of Kainé's theme that has the strings and the vocals. Only the one with the strings.
I think some songs like Temple of the Drifting Sands and Wretched Automatons are 40 to 60 seconds longer, so it probably has to do with the changes pushing the total content slightly over what you can put in two CDs. From the list, I see 3 songs that were not in OG Nier: the two themes for the new boss in the fishermen town and the Ending E boss theme which is marked as ???.

Btw, I haven't found that version yet, but it's becoming harder as Squenix started taking down the soundtracks from websites like youtube and khinsider. They don't put them in streaming services either, I think, so you have to throw away 15 bucks on the MP3s for each version of the OST. Not cool. They even took down the Emi Evans concert, those versions were beautiful :negative:

Modron

Arcane
Did endings A-D, is it worth running through the entire game again for ending E content?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Did endings A-D, is it worth running through the entire game again for ending E content?
I thought so, but you don't have to run through the entire game, just the beginning. Don't bother with sidequests, you can zip through it relatively quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom