Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Next stop Godhood - Beyond Divinity demo online

Whipporowill

Erudite
Second time around I liked it a lot more - child wizard that kicked ass. And I hadn't seen that talking skull and his quest last time. He should've initiated dialogue or something, he's not very visible - and this IS a demo after all. Most people won't see him I guess?

Dhruin

Liturgist
I don't know how much can be changed in time but the game is still in beta. Seems they've heard the comments:

Swen Vincke said:
To be honest, we're pretty surprised about the reactions on the combat system - we actually thought most of you were going to prefer it over Divine Divinity's combat system. But you do need the pause key. If you play it without, life sometimes becomes very complex in BD. As for the combats themselves, remember, you only get the beginning of a very large game in the demo, and the first levels serve the purpose of familiarizing you with the controls.

We have picked up on your comments, and here's what I promise we'll address:

Targeting - non trivial, but we'll think of something. It's true that select all/ctrl is something that should be in.

Hotkeys - we'll add more (I do want to point out that you can recenter on an active partymember by pressing F1 or F2 twice, and select the leader by pressing it once)

Explaining:A lot of the comments I read here are actually already addressed in the game, but those features are apparently not clear enough. I don't know exactly how we'll explain, given the sheer amount of features, but we'll try to think of something.

Please keep the feedback coming, we are listening.

Thanks

Nightjed

Liturgist
Swen Vincke said:
Explaining:A lot of the comments I read here are actually already addressed in the game, but those features are apparently not clear enough. I don't know exactly how we'll explain, given the sheer amount of features, but we'll try to think of something.
they need feedback, a lot of feedback, it might sound stupid, but i NEED a "follow leader camera/free scroll camera" icon i can see and click on, its anoying having to select the leader and THEN select all again just to accidentally scroll so you have to do it again and thats just an example of the many many anoying things of the interface wrestlemania

Dhruin said:
I don't know how much can be changed in time but the game is still in beta. Seems they've heard the comments
that thread sucks, they barelly talk about the issues, its mainly "oh so cool im buying it" and some out of place posts about some books (?), add the "demo review that says nothing" to that and i doubt larian is getting the feedback they need (i hope they reading other threads), but its nice that they actually want to fix stuff instead of the fall's dude with his "if you dont like the portraits you can kiss my ass" actitude

Realbumpbert

Liturgist
How would you guys compare it to Divine Divinity?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom