Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"New" Obscure TB CRPG: Golden Land

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Golden Land
* Russobit-M
* Burut Software
* Role-Playing
* Release: TBA
An epic turn-based RPG with advanced character customization and multiple endings.

Goldenland: Cold Heaven
* Strategy First
* Burut Software
* Computer Role-Playing
* Release: TBA
Cold Heaven is an add-on to the original Goldenland RPG and fetures five large cities with more than forty unique locations.

An expansion... from the future!

Durwyn

Prophet
If I recall correctly, this game has already been released and is pretty old. I've seen it on torrents several years ago. From what I read about it, it seems that it was more a merchant simulator than a classic RPG but i might be wrong.

zeitgeist

Magister
This is 5+ years old, IIRC it's one of those games that never got an English translation. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, maybe there's a fan patch at least?

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played it in Russian. It was okayish... but halfway through the game balance went haywire and I was never able to finish it due to some quest taking 60% of my mage's health and made me fight a boss with remaining 40% that would go in 1 hit.

KalosKagathos

Learned
It's shit (I remember the combat balance being completely fucked up, although I'm not sure if it favored mages or warriors), avoid at all costs. Essentially a Fallout clone made without any understanding of what actually made Fallout good.
Durwyn said:
From what I read about it, it seems that it was more a merchant simulator than a classic RPG but i might be wrong.
You're thinking of Spells of Gold, or whatever the English version was called. It's not as bad as Golden Land, but that's not saying much.

Visbhume

Prophet
I bought this game back in the day. I didn't finish it and my memories are hazy.

The view is isometric and the combat is turn-based. The game feels Fallout-y in that respect, only set in some kind of fantasyland influenced by Russian folklore. The quests (some of them at least) had multiple solutions, but not to the degree found in Fallout.

However, the plot and the writing sucked, maybe because of the translation. The characters were pretty nondescript. The fact that they didn't have any portraits didn't help, either.

I remember the combat being slow-paced and somewhat tiresome.

Huh, who the hell have decided to release "Златогорье" series in english? Games are 6 and 7 years old now, respectfully, and really are not so good. As I recall, both games were pretty shitty, filled with boring combat and fedex quests.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Sergiu64 said:
Played it in Russian. It was okayish... but halfway through the game balance went haywire and I was never able to finish it due to some quest taking 60% of my mage's health and made me fight a boss with remaining 40% that would go in 1 hit.
That's a typical Russian difficulty. Precursors was similarly deadly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom