Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New map for Leauge of Legends.

Topher

Cipher
I know it's newfag and all but I also know that more than a few people on the codex play lol so...

http://www.dpadnews.com/?p=1348

It's a new lava themed 5v5 map. I couldn't find exactly when it's due out but knowing the Riot Games guy it should be soon. The concept art is on the main page but I think it looks cool.

http://www.dpadnews.com/

I haven't seen any posts on the main Riot Games site yet. It might be time to pick the game back up and play me some more Annie.

Archibald

Arcane
Creating a new 5vs5 maps seams kinda redundant to me. 4vs4 or 2vs2 would be much better imo.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
5v5 all the way. No sense in playing 4v4 or 2v2 anyway.

Good to see they're doing maps now. It really bothers me that with such a wholesome game (considering that it's free), you have two of the most samey maps in the world to play on. Didn't think it would be so tough to create new ones.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
This looks interesting. I haven't played LoL for a couple of months after getting bored to death with SR and TT. This may pull me back for a few weeks once it's out.

I'd prefer to se emore 5v5 maps to be honest. Twisted Treeline amply demonstrated that champions that were somewhat balanced in a 5v5 got horribly broken in 3v3. Especially some of the tankier characters, who were nearly impossible to burst down for some 3-man combinations.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That, and 5v5 is just fucking better in every possible way. All aspects of this game seem created to handle that match. Nothing wrong with that I think.

I am "fortunate" enough to have about 10-12 friends in the local area who play, so when I log on, there's always people on Skype ready for a game. That makes it a lot more bearable than playing with random people, I guess.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hm... do you play on the US or the EU servers? I know a handful of danes who play as well. Perhaps there's an option for us to yell obscenities at each other as one of us starts feeding.

Bear in mind I haven't touched the game since around a month before ranked gams were put in. I will likely suck.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ulminati said:
Hm... do you play on the US or the EU servers? I know a handful of danes who play as well. Perhaps there's an option for us to yell obscenities at each other as one of us starts feeding.

Bear in mind I haven't touched the game since around a month before ranked gams were put in. I will likely suck.

Sure, that would be fun! Never mind that you aren't top dollar. My playgroup are mostly not assholes. We do have a jargon reminiscent of the 'dex though, so I guess we don't talk all nice and soft to each other ;)

But the one guy persistent on whining and bitching whenever he thinks something is wrong is consistently frozen out whenever he pulls that shit, so.

All in all, I like my group. You're welcome to join, though what with my studies I don't get much time to play. My Skype is Casper Gronemann or Grunker I think. Just add me.

Archibald

Arcane
That, and 5v5 is just fucking better in every possible way. All aspects of this game seem created to handle that match. Nothing wrong with that I think.

It is created to handle 5vs5 on that particular map, imo. Make lanes shorter/longer, alter neutral creep locations, add some other shit, make map bigger. What would be result? Some champions would become worse, some would become better. Some strategies would become better, some worse.

What then happens with balance? If some champion is op on new 5vs5 map but perfectly fine on old 5vs5 map? If we nerf him then he might be ok on new map but crap on old map. Logically speaking balance on one, "true" map would take priority like now old 5vs5 map has priority over 3vs3 map.

In the end new 5vs5 won`t provide really unique experience because its style would be similar to old style but game updates wouldn`t be centered on it either.

Thats why i think that some 2vs2 or 4vs4 map with unique experience would be much better.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
sounds kinda gimmicky, lava danger zones and teleporters, but if they do it right it could turn out pretty good imo.

teleporter ganks would be p funny, just stack your team on the other side of the gate and when they pop through lynch them.

Topher

Cipher
The game really needed another map and I agree with Grunker that 5v5 makes the most sense. I'm not very good at the game but I'm up for the occasional match.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
All in all, I like my group. You're welcome to join, though what with my studies I don't get much time to play. My Skype is [snip] I think. Just add me.

Done! If anyone else is up for some 5v5 goodness - bear in mind I'm out of practice - shoot me a PM and I'll give you my summoner name.

Topher

Cipher
Oh yeah, summoner name... I totally forgot. Mine's topherunhinged

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
add GOOK D3S7ROY3R if your on Oceania and wanna play some games

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks good. But i believe its gonna be 2011 release if not 2012 giving the Riots tempo in pumping out new features.
They also had some kind of glitchy observer mode on WCG finals and god knows when will that be out.
They were even talking about in forums about should they charge for coming features, like the rune pages recently.

Oh, and the name's Elboo, on EU and US servers, but you'll see me more often on EU.

Archibald

Arcane
They also had some kind of glitchy observer mode on WCG finals and god knows when will that be out.

It wasn`t observer mode, they "hacked" sixth player on the team.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Imo, it was pretty stupid getting the game out and not include those features, like replays, spectator modes, clan tags, simply put all the shit that should be standard in a MP-only game.

Archibald

Arcane
You can`t really charge people for replays or observer mode so they`re not priority i think.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I'll bet money that it will be atleast a one time fee or some subscribe shit to enable replays. With all the tournaments and other shit going on its getting embarrasing pumping all that shit up while lacking the features to support it. But atleast we'll get a fucking bard next week with 3 leet skins. Go Riot!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom