Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Name and explain your favourite "New Shit"

20 Eyes

Liturgist
attackfighter said:
Alexandros said:
Mass Effect had a better storyline. Yes, some of it didn't make sense - but as a whole, it made the player feel much more like a badass

You would love Call of Duty4: Black Ops :roll:

niether game has stellar writing but atleast ME2 made sense. ME1's plot is basically a bunch of vomit at the beginning where you defy probability and not only witness Saren commit a crime, but also view the Protheon artifacts psychadelic story of the reapers. you then tell your commanding officer of these proposterous things and without need for proof he immediately believes you and sends you off to become a spector(note: becoming a spector is irrelevant to the rest of the game). while becoming a spector saren appears and you somehow also convince the council of his crimes, again with no proof, the council sends you off to stop his no doubt heinous plans.

you then travel to 3 random planets and out of the millions of other planets in the universe those 3 just happen to have evidence of Sarens plot, which btw is too complicated for human understanding so don't ask. sarens plot involved cloning krogans, for what purpose, no one knows, you dismantle sarens cloning factory and then meet up with sarens mysterious boss who is an inconspicuous talking spaceship. sarens boss awnsers questions and blows up one of your party members, or maybe it is you who blows the party member up

Bro, ME1 isn't Dostoevsky but c'mon. I can understand disliking the story, but you sound like you just button-mashed through the conversations because most of that shit was explained in the game.

Morkar Left

My favorite new shit is New Vegas, Drakensang 2 and The Precursors and M&B Warband. The Precursors is a fps but ME2 counts too. Warband lacks a story/real quests for a rpg, it's only a hybrid and not really "new shit".

Haven't played Risen, only tried the demo. Haven't played Divinity 2 and Two Worlds either. All three look good but I can't stand 3rd person over the shoulder fantasy rpgs at the moment. Plus I have to buy a better pc. There was no reason to upgrade for a game till now.

DA and ME are just completely uninteresting for me. TES and Gothic franchises are dead.

attackfighter

Magister
20 Eyes said:
attackfighter said:
Alexandros said:
Mass Effect had a better storyline. Yes, some of it didn't make sense - but as a whole, it made the player feel much more like a badass

You would love Call of Duty4: Black Ops :roll:

niether game has stellar writing but atleast ME2 made sense. ME1's plot is basically a bunch of vomit at the beginning where you defy probability and not only witness Saren commit a crime, but also view the Protheon artifacts psychadelic story of the reapers. you then tell your commanding officer of these proposterous things and without need for proof he immediately believes you and sends you off to become a spector(note: becoming a spector is irrelevant to the rest of the game). while becoming a spector saren appears and you somehow also convince the council of his crimes, again with no proof, the council sends you off to stop his no doubt heinous plans.

you then travel to 3 random planets and out of the millions of other planets in the universe those 3 just happen to have evidence of Sarens plot, which btw is too complicated for human understanding so don't ask. sarens plot involved cloning krogans, for what purpose, no one knows, you dismantle sarens cloning factory and then meet up with sarens mysterious boss who is an inconspicuous talking spaceship. sarens boss awnsers questions and blows up one of your party members, or maybe it is you who blows the party member up

Bro, ME1 isn't Dostoevsky but c'mon. I can understand disliking the story, but you sound like you just button-mashed through the conversations because most of that shit was explained in the game.

epic fail you didn't quote the whole post

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
20 Eyes said:
I can understand disliking the story, but you sound like you just button-mashed through the conversations because most of that shit was explained in the game.
Moar like it sounds he didn't even bother reading a plot synopsis. That thing resembles ME1's plot as much as the Starship Troopers movie resembles the book.

attackfighter said:
You would love Call of Duty4: Black Ops
That's the 7th actually :smug:

Monkeysphere

Novice
i got more hardons playing ME2 when it came out than when i played Fallout 1 when it came out. F1 had that old school python-ish humor so it will always win in my heart.

and no this is not a troll , deal with it.

desocupado said:
This Drakensang 2, is it "The River of Time"?

Well, unless there is another Drakansang out there besides the first one, I would imagine so.

Keep them coming! Don't hold back; bare your filthy, popamole souls and tell everyone why your choice is so much better than anything else (that is 'New Shit' of course) that can be picked up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom