Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Naheulbeuk's Dungeon Master - Dungeon Keeper clone from Dungeon of Naheulbeuk devs

jf8350143

Liturgist
More dungeon keeper clone is always nice. It's just a shame few of them really expand on the core gameplay cycle.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
All Dungeon Keepers close were, at best, repetitions (I don't count Dungeons 3, that series goes own way).Naheulbeuk's Dungeon Master looks...plastic.

Erebus

Arcane
Dear Villagers is planning to release a Dungeon Keeper game in which you play Reivax, the half-goblin assistant of Zangdar, and try to turn the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk into a place that will draw adventurers.

I played the demo for about half an hour. What I saw didn't seem especially original.

What I really want to know is whether the game will use the same tactical combat as in Amulet of Chaos. That would be cool, especially if you can control a wide variety of monsters. If it's just basic dungeon management, I'll pass.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Dear Villagers is planning to release a Dungeon Keeper game in which you play Reivax, the half-goblin assistant of Zangdar, and try to turn the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk into a place that will draw adventurers.

I played the demo for about half an hour. What I saw didn't seem especially original.

What I really want to know is whether the game will use the same tactical combat as in Amulet of Chaos. That would be cool, especially if you can control a wide variety of monsters. If it's just basic dungeon management, I'll pass.

Yeah, this looks like a cheap money grab with assets and lore they already had.
At best it will be a decent game in it's own rts/base-management genre - Dungeon Keeper lookalike as you said - but not the turn-based goodness that was DoN.
I guess they need extra money to funnel into their next "Crown Wars: Black Prince" game.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Uh-huh
ZPqbtk.jpeg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Are there any more serious dungeon keeper clones? Everything I've seen so far tries really hard to ape that tongue-in-cheek british style humor and usually falls flat on its face.

The Decline

Arcane
Are there any more serious dungeon keeper clones? Everything I've seen so far tries really hard to ape that tongue-in-cheek british style humor and usually falls flat on its face.

I'd like to see this and to see someone try to add the 3rd dimension to the dungeon building. Done properly that would open up a ton of new gameplay possibilities.

hellbent

Augur
A dungeon keeper clone that actually featured some semblance of strategic combat (preferably turn based) would be a welcome attempt at trying to evolve the initial concept. Till then, DK II is probably still the best of its type out there.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
WtHiEsB.png

So basically this, just without duck.
where is this comic from. I must read it.
acs%20duck.png

As an aside, I’m only even looking at this thread because GOG mentioned coming soon as does STEAM.

A near 2 hour demo gameplay vid.

Or you could just play a free game:
th%2F7EP.png

Crypt Wizard

CRYPT WIZARD!

Crypt Wizard is a single player dungeon builder/RTS. It's aim is to be a 2d Dungeon keeper, or even a dwarf fortress lite, though recent changes make it more like a MOBA (such as League of Legends or DotA). Right now it's just a PC game ... It's written in Java, so can theoretucally be cross platform (tho right now windows only, but I have gotten it running on linux), and uses LWJGL and Slick 2d.

tutorial: http://cryptwiz.com/dev/tute.html

DOWNLOAD build 13: https://eggmceye.itch.io/crypt-wizard - updated Aug 4, 2023

help / faq / how to play
* read the tute http://cryptwiz.com/dev/tute.html UPDATED for 2021
* play the tute map scenario ! ...
* manual.doc is inside the zip UPDATED for 2021
* post thy questions and thou shalt receive answers and hopefully not abuse

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is out now, but at 0 review atm.

WtHiEsB.png

So basically this, just without duck.
where is this comic from. I must read it.
acs%20duck.png
It's Donjon. It's an old French stuff that probably was translated to English somewhere.

Dungeon Zenith Vols. 1-2: The Barbarian Princess Paperback – 11 Nov. 2021

The dungeon series was pretty cool. The Zenith arc is the one focusing on the Dungeon Keeper/Master side of things indeed, and I think it is the best.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom