Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Friendly Neighborhood

What is the target demographic of games such as these? Is that another Five Nights at Freddy's fad game?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
What is the target demographic of games such as these? Is that another Five Nights at Freddy's fad game?
Seems to be more based on Poppy Playtime, which is a first-person puzzle game based on FNaF.

This one seems to have FPS-elements to it though.

All of the above mentioned games have the same target demographic - vtubers, adult babies, and the teenagers who got sucked into FNaF in the first place.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The scariest thing about this game is how the developer decided it was okay to have white text that doesn't darken against white backgrounds.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems to be more based on Poppy Playtime, which is a first-person puzzle game based on FNaF.

This one seems to have FPS-elements to it though.

All of the above mentioned games have the same target demographic - vtubers, adult babies, and the teenagers who got sucked into FNaF in the first place.
From what I watched, it touches on what happened to American public broadcast and children shows, going from Mr. Rodgers to violent cartoons.

After the show was cancelled for being too nice, the muppets finally watched the violent children shows and gave people what they wanted (violence).

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
The Poppy Playtime style "children's horror" thing is dime a dozen these days, as was mentioned before in this thread, but I hear that this game is actually pretty good. Poppy Playtime, meanwhile, was straight up made by Elsagate tier YouTube scammers.

None of these are as good as Five Nights at Freddy's (the originals, not the godawful 3D game made by different devs).

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The Poppy Playtime style "children's horror" thing is dime a dozen these days, as was mentioned before in this thread, but I hear that this game is actually pretty good. Poppy Playtime, meanwhile, was straight up made by Elsagate tier YouTube scammers.

None of these are as good as Five Nights at Freddy's (the originals, not the godawful 3D game made by different devs).
While I agree the subgenre is saturated, Poppy Playtime got certain items right imo. Both final chases were great to watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom